"Accident blackspots don't really exist any more"

Geraint Jones

Guest
Sorry, it's Our Friend In The North, intruding on the North Wales Police "Arrive Alive" campaign.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/wales/north_east/3086439.stm

I'm not sure whether to rejoice that I'm at no more danger from speeding mdgs at any particular
place, or to worry that I am at equal danger everywhere. ("...it's based on statistical errors.")

Geraint Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
: Sorry, it's Our Friend In The North, intruding on the North Wales Police "Arrive Alive" campaign.

Amazing isn't it. Create a bogus "pressure group", a web site and some totally bollocks stats and
you to can be quoted all over the place. Sigh.

"Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Geraint Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

> : Sorry, it's Our Friend In The North, intruding on the North Wales Police "Arrive Alive"
> : campaign.

> Amazing isn't it. Create a bogus "pressure group", a web site and some totally bollocks stats and
> you to can be quoted all over the place. Sigh.

May be worth clicking the "feedback" link and sending them a link to "who's vulnerable" thread in
uk.tosspot to show just how tenuous is Smith's grasp of statistics. I have sent them a feedback
describing his 12mph Comedy Web Page and how it was laughed off the Internet, with a strong
suggestion that he may not be the best person to quote in matters statistical (at least not if you
value your credibility as a news source).

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.com

Geraint Jones wrote:

> Sorry, it's Our Friend In The North, intruding on the North Wales Police "Arrive Alive" campaign.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/wales/north_east/3086439.stm
>
> I'm not sure whether to rejoice that I'm at no more danger from speeding mdgs at any particular
> place, or to worry that I am at equal danger everywhere. ("...it's based on statistical errors.")

He hasn't a clue about statistics, as he's ably demonstrated already.