"Accident"

Cyclist14

Oct 13, 2004
Well, Today I was looking over the edge of a 7 or 8 ft. drop that I was considering doing on my MTB and suddenly my "friend" "accidentally" pushes me off of it:mad: . My feet get caught in the handlebars and I do a classic endo. I got through it without any injury but my Rear WTB Dual Duty rim ( which isn't really to great) had a 2-Inch wobble and my front disc was bent:mad: . My bike is in the shop now and it was covered under the shops warranty.

I have decided not to ride with him anymore because what is he going to do next, I could have been seriously injured and there goes half my road biking season (or even my life:eek: ). Do you think I made the right decision? I do.

Absolutely. Dangers are dangers and should be eliminated somehow or another. Safety is no joking matter.

Are you serious? A seven or eight foot drop and he pushed you? What is he, like 8 years old?

Safety first. I hope he apologized.

I wouldn't ride with the guy anymore. He's an idiot!

What I can't believe is that the damage to your bike was covered under the shop's warranty! Ususally a warranty covers damage and defects due to faulty workmanship, not damage incurred by doing 8 foot drops (whether it's intentional or not). Amazing! Stay on their good side!

A crash like that is the kind of thing I usually do without any help. :p

I concur that you should ditch that dude. He sounds like a jerk.

Before your friend pushed you off the ledge, did he say, "Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?" <push>

I agree with all of you. Anyway I've got to get on the road to train for my upcoming race.