Accommodation in the Alps

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mark Drayton, May 14, 2003.

  1. Mark Drayton

    Mark Drayton Guest

    Hi

    Does anyone know of any cycling-specific accommodation in the Alps? I'm looking for somewhere
    similar to Pyrenean Pursuits (www.bikepyrenees.com, as mentioned in Tim Moore's book) where I can
    meet other cyclists and get advice on routes to take as well as cyclist-friendly food.

    Ideally I'm looking in the Bourg d'Oisans/Briancon area but will consider anywhere.

    Cheers in advance,

    Mark

    Tags:

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Mark,

    I can recommend this hotel:

    http://www.hotel-au-bon-accueil.com/

    It is run by a Dutch couple but their English is great. The hotel is aimed at cyclists (pasta in the
    afternoons after your ride, bike sheds and a workshop, big breakfasts). It is about 5 miles from
    Bourg D'Oisans.

    There are many climbs in easy reach of the hotel.

    have fun.

    Paul

    news:[email protected]...