rec.bicycles.rides archive · Public discussion

accomodation in Nice, France

Started by Michael Donahue · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,724 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides archive
Published
2 October 2003
Last activity
3 November 2003
Original author
Michael Donahue
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,724
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm going to be in Nice in a few weeks and would love some suggestions on bicycle friendly b&bs or
    small hotels...thanks, Michael

  2. michael donahue said:

    I'm going to be in Nice in a few weeks and would love some suggestions on bicycle friendly b&bs or
    small hotels...thanks, Michael

    I found Nice proper to be crowded and annoying, but this was just at the start of the summer
    vacation season. This time of year it might be better.

    I stayed at the Hotel Amaryllis on the rue d'Alsace-Lorraine which is a couple blocks from the train
    station. A two star hotel with english speaking staff, very easy to deal with. They let me store my
    bike in a storage area in the courtyard. They were easy to deal with for reservations via the
    Internet. It's been over a year, so I can't recall for sure if the Web site was
    www.hotelamaryllis.com or not, but a Google search will turn it up.

    If I was to go again, I'd look for a hotel in Eze or somewhere else along the Grand Corniche. It's
    quite pleasant up there, more so than in Nice proper.

  3. Tim McNamara <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    michael donahue said:

    I'm going to be in Nice in a few weeks and would love some suggestions on bicycle friendly b&bs
    or small hotels...thanks, Michael

    I found Nice proper to be crowded and annoying, but this was just at the start of the summer
    vacation season. This time of year it might be better.

    I too dislike Nice but...

    There is a youth hostel on the east side of the city which involves a steady hill climb. For the
    money (Around 15 Euros/night B+B inc. sheets and stamps towards a HI card) you'd probably do a lot
    worse, and you get a brilliant view of the sun setting over the Cote d'Azur!

    While I was there, there was a girl staying who had just cycled from Switzerland so I guess they're
    reasonably cycle - friendly.

    Jon S

  4. Jon Senior said:

    Tim McNamara <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    url='news:'news:/url... 'michael donahue said:


    Quoted message said:

    I'm going to be in Nice in a few weeks and would love some suggestions on bicycle friendly
    b&bs or small hotels...thanks, Michael

    I found Nice proper to be crowded and annoying, but this was just at the start of the summer
    vacation season. This time of year it might be better.

    I too dislike Nice but...

    There is a youth hostel on the east side of the city which involves a steady hill climb. For the
    money (Around 15 Euros/night B+B inc. sheets and stamps towards a HI card) you'd probably do a lot
    worse, and you get a brilliant view of the sun setting over the Cote d'Azur!

    While I was there, there was a girl staying who had just cycled from Switzerland so I guess
    they're reasonably cycle - friendly.

    I believe that Jobst Brandt has posted about staying at that hostel. And I seem to recall it being
    mentioned in a book about cycling touring in France (the one with the yellow cover, I can't recall
    the title and I can't find the book currently).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.