Accomodation location in the lakes...

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Simon Kay, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Simon Kay

    Simon Kay Guest

    I'm in the middle of arranging a walking break for 8 on the weekend of the 21st February; the
    problem is accomodation.

    We are looking for reasonably priced (i.e not more than £30pp/night) B&B or self catering. We're
    mostly male, so twin rooms are preferred.

    Our plan is to travel up to the Lakes on the Saturday morning; we plan to walk in the afternoon -
    most likely around Langdale- then on to our evening's accomodation - wherever that may be.

    We then have a day of activities arranged for the Sunday in Coniston, starting at midday.

    As we are all driving, we don't mind staying somewhere a little out of the way, although naturally
    we'd like somewhere to eat locally!

    Would appreciate your thoughts,

    Simon

    Tags:

  2. Bryan Hall

    Bryan Hall Guest

    Try this one

    cost might not be right but the location is perfect! http://www.coppermines.co.uk/

    "Simon Kay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm in the middle of arranging a walking break for 8 on the weekend of the 21st February; the
    > problem is accomodation.
    >
    > We are looking for reasonably priced (i.e not more than £30pp/night) B&B
    or
    > self catering. We're mostly male, so twin rooms are preferred.
    >
    > Our plan is to travel up to the Lakes on the Saturday morning; we plan to walk in the afternoon -
    > most likely around Langdale- then on to our evening's accomodation - wherever that may be.
    >
    > We then have a day of activities arranged for the Sunday in Coniston, starting at midday.
    >
    > As we are all driving, we don't mind staying somewhere a little out of the way, although naturally
    > we'd like somewhere to eat locally!
    >
    > Would appreciate your thoughts,
    >
    > Simon

  3. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

  4. C L Imber

    C L Imber Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 19:19:39 -0000, "Simon Kay"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm in the middle of arranging a walking break for 8 on the weekend of the 21st February; the
    >problem is accomodation.
    >
    >We are looking for reasonably priced (i.e not more than £30pp/night) B&B or self catering. We're
    >mostly male, so twin rooms are preferred.
    >
    >Our plan is to travel up to the Lakes on the Saturday morning; we plan to walk in the afternoon -
    >most likely around Langdale- then on to our evening's accomodation - wherever that may be.
    >
    >We then have a day of activities arranged for the Sunday in Coniston, starting at midday.
    >
    >As we are all driving, we don't mind staying somewhere a little out of the way, although naturally
    >we'd like somewhere to eat locally!
    >
    >Would appreciate your thoughts,

    Fylde Mountaineering Club have a very comfortable cottage in Little Langdale which they rent out to
    BMC members.

  5. Even if not a YHA member you can stay at most of the YHA hostels, and they are good, cheap
    accommodation

    G "Simon Kay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm in the middle of arranging a walking break for 8 on the weekend of the 21st February; the
    > problem is accomodation.
    >
    > We are looking for reasonably priced (i.e not more than £30pp/night) B&B
    or
    > self catering. We're mostly male, so twin rooms are preferred.
    >
    > Our plan is to travel up to the Lakes on the Saturday morning; we plan to walk in the afternoon -
    > most likely around Langdale- then on to our evening's accomodation - wherever that may be.
    >
    > We then have a day of activities arranged for the Sunday in Coniston, starting at midday.
    >
    > As we are all driving, we don't mind staying somewhere a little out of the way, although naturally
    > we'd like somewhere to eat locally!
    >
    > Would appreciate your thoughts,
    >
    > Simon

    ---