Accomodation location in the lakes...

Simon Kay

Guest
I'm in the middle of arranging a walking break for 8 on the weekend of the 21st February; the
problem is accomodation.

We are looking for reasonably priced (i.e not more than £30pp/night) B&B or self catering. We're
mostly male, so twin rooms are preferred.

Our plan is to travel up to the Lakes on the Saturday morning; we plan to walk in the afternoon -
most likely around Langdale- then on to our evening's accomodation - wherever that may be.

We then have a day of activities arranged for the Sunday in Coniston, starting at midday.

As we are all driving, we don't mind staying somewhere a little out of the way, although naturally
we'd like somewhere to eat locally!

Would appreciate your thoughts,

Simon

Try this one

cost might not be right but the location is perfect! http://www.coppermines.co.uk/

"Simon Kay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm in the middle of arranging a walking break for 8 on the weekend of the 21st February; the
> problem is accomodation.
>
> We are looking for reasonably priced (i.e not more than £30pp/night) B&B
or
> self catering. We're mostly male, so twin rooms are preferred.
>
> Our plan is to travel up to the Lakes on the Saturday morning; we plan to walk in the afternoon -
> most likely around Langdale- then on to our evening's accomodation - wherever that may be.
>
> We then have a day of activities arranged for the Sunday in Coniston, starting at midday.
>
> As we are all driving, we don't mind staying somewhere a little out of the way, although naturally
> we'd like somewhere to eat locally!
>
> Would appreciate your thoughts,
>
> Simon

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 19:19:39 -0000, "Simon Kay"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm in the middle of arranging a walking break for 8 on the weekend of the 21st February; the
>problem is accomodation.
>
>We are looking for reasonably priced (i.e not more than £30pp/night) B&B or self catering. We're
>mostly male, so twin rooms are preferred.
>
>Our plan is to travel up to the Lakes on the Saturday morning; we plan to walk in the afternoon -
>most likely around Langdale- then on to our evening's accomodation - wherever that may be.
>
>We then have a day of activities arranged for the Sunday in Coniston, starting at midday.
>
>As we are all driving, we don't mind staying somewhere a little out of the way, although naturally
>we'd like somewhere to eat locally!
>
>Would appreciate your thoughts,

Fylde Mountaineering Club have a very comfortable cottage in Little Langdale which they rent out to
BMC members.

Even if not a YHA member you can stay at most of the YHA hostels, and they are good, cheap
accommodation

G "Simon Kay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm in the middle of arranging a walking break for 8 on the weekend of the 21st February; the
> problem is accomodation.
>
> We are looking for reasonably priced (i.e not more than £30pp/night) B&B
or
> self catering. We're mostly male, so twin rooms are preferred.
>
> Our plan is to travel up to the Lakes on the Saturday morning; we plan to walk in the afternoon -
> most likely around Langdale- then on to our evening's accomodation - wherever that may be.
>
> We then have a day of activities arranged for the Sunday in Coniston, starting at midday.
>
> As we are all driving, we don't mind staying somewhere a little out of the way, although naturally
> we'd like somewhere to eat locally!
>
> Would appreciate your thoughts,
>
> Simon

---