Acera shifter wanted - Australia

cool386

Dec 3, 2003
I need an 8 speed Acera shifter as pictured here
http://www.users.bigpond.com/cool386/bike/acera.jpg
It's a common model from 2001 and I'm hoping someone might have one they want to get rid of. External appearance is
not important as I need some of the internal parts to repair
my existing unit.
It seems most bike shops don't keep old stuff they take off bikes they service :( At least one bike shop did give me the 3 speed shifter for $5 but internally the parts are quite different.
Can anyone help?

John.

Acera parts can be pretty hard to come by. They are mainly sold as oem parts for full bikes and are not sold seperate for retail. You might be able to get a bike shop to special order it for you but other than that you'll have to try your luck with maybe someone who removed it from a bike. Your best shot will most likely be ebay though. Another option you might be able to try is just get any old shimano 8 speed brake/lever set from the higher end component groups which will work fine there and are more easily available. You can probably get a cheap deal on one. If its the front shifter you need any 3 step shimano shifter should work fine.

Malaysia has a tonne of these in low end bike shops. want 1?
i dont know the price of hand though, but since u deal with a bigger currency it shouldnt be expensive at all.