achilles tendon injury

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Gary T, Apr 2, 2003.

  1. Gary T

    Gary T Guest

    Does anyone have any good references to treating achilles tendon injuries? I've found a few from
    google searches but what i'm looking for are real case studies, specifics of people adapting their
    routine and coming back stronger :)-)). I did have cat A races coming up but these now look bleak so
    words of advice would be most gratefully received. Aiming for age group qualifier for 2003 duathlon
    worlds but think this may get knocked on the head as will probably miss the qualifying events.

    Cheers G

    Tags:

  2. Gary,

    Check out the Jan/Feb 2003 issue of Running Times magazine, there is an excellent article on
    Achilles tendonitis.

    Hope it helps,

    CM

    "Gary T" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any good references to treating achilles tendon injuries? I've found a few from
    > google searches but what i'm looking for are real
    case
    > studies, specifics of people adapting their routine and coming back
    stronger
    > :)-)). I did have cat A races coming up but these now look bleak so words
    of
    > advice would be most gratefully received. Aiming for age group qualifier
    for
    > 2003 duathlon worlds but think this may get knocked on the head as will probably miss the
    > qualifying events.
    >
    > Cheers G

  3. Dambox

    Dambox Guest

    This site comes up with some good recommendations:

    http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/index.htm

    On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 00:12:07 +0000 (UTC), "Gary T" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Does anyone have any good references to treating achilles tendon injuries? I've found a few from
    >google searches but what i'm looking for are real case studies, specifics of people adapting
    >their routine and coming back stronger :)-)). I did have cat A races coming up but these now look
    >bleak so words of advice would be most gratefully received. Aiming for age group qualifier for
    >2003 duathlon worlds but think this may get knocked on the head as will probably miss the
    >qualifying events.
    >
    >Cheers G

    David, England

  4. Hey Gary, just injure the other achilles tendon and that way you'll even things out.