achilles tendon injury

Gary T

Guest
Does anyone have any good references to treating achilles tendon injuries? I've found a few from
google searches but what i'm looking for are real case studies, specifics of people adapting their
routine and coming back stronger :)-)). I did have cat A races coming up but these now look bleak so
words of advice would be most gratefully received. Aiming for age group qualifier for 2003 duathlon
worlds but think this may get knocked on the head as will probably miss the qualifying events.

Cheers G

Gary,

Check out the Jan/Feb 2003 issue of Running Times magazine, there is an excellent article on
Achilles tendonitis.

Hope it helps,

CM

"Gary T" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone have any good references to treating achilles tendon injuries? I've found a few from
> google searches but what i'm looking for are real
case
> studies, specifics of people adapting their routine and coming back
stronger
> :)-)). I did have cat A races coming up but these now look bleak so words
of
> advice would be most gratefully received. Aiming for age group qualifier
for
> 2003 duathlon worlds but think this may get knocked on the head as will probably miss the
> qualifying events.
>
> Cheers G

This site comes up with some good recommendations:

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/index.htm

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 00:12:07 +0000 (UTC), "Gary T" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Does anyone have any good references to treating achilles tendon injuries? I've found a few from
>google searches but what i'm looking for are real case studies, specifics of people adapting
>their routine and coming back stronger :)-)). I did have cat A races coming up but these now look
>bleak so words of advice would be most gratefully received. Aiming for age group qualifier for
>2003 duathlon worlds but think this may get knocked on the head as will probably miss the
>qualifying events.
>
>Cheers G

David, England

Hey Gary, just injure the other achilles tendon and that way you'll even things out.