Achilles tendonitis

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Paul Johnson, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Paul Johnson

    Paul Johnson Guest

    Help! I have very bad Achilles tendonitis. It gets better over time from
    rest but then it flairs up again and I can not seem to get back out running.
    I have been sidelined way too long now. In searching for a last attempt at
    relief, I came across something called an "Achilles Healer" It was on
    http://pattstrap.com/achilles.htm Has anyone ever tried this product or
    ordered from this website?

    It look like it will work for me, my left foot is much worse them my right.

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Tim Downie

    Tim Downie Guest

    "Paul Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Help! I have very bad Achilles tendonitis. It gets better over time from
    > rest but then it flairs up again and I can not seem to get back out

    running.
    > I have been sidelined way too long now. In searching for a last attempt

    at
    > relief, I came across something called an "Achilles Healer" It was on
    > http://stupidspammingb*stard.com/achilles.htm Has anyone ever tried this

    product or
    > ordered from this website?
    >
    > It look like it will work for me, my left foot is much worse them my

    right.

    P*ss off spammer.

  3. bikeme

    bikeme Guest

    Yeah- what Tim said. Go away!

  4. Bill

    Bill Guest

    In case you have not yet solved this, you might want to try building up
    the calf muscles in eccentric contraction, and increasing their range
    of motion using contract-release stretching methods.

    Eccentric contraction=the lowering of the weight when doing calf
    raises. Facing a staircase, stand with toes on the edge of a stair
    step, raise up on the toes using two legs, shift some weight to the
    target leg and lower slowly. No need to go too far. Repeat in sets of
    20 as PT and warmup.

    A Swedish? study reported good results building up the calf in
    eccentric contraction, working with competitive runners.

    PS: I have not had serious achilles problems, or had to stop running
    because of achilles for at least 25 years.

    Slow running on rough hilly trails seems to build up my lower legs and
    improve ROM.