Action Bent

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Has anyone seen one/rode one, any comments on those more expert and experienced??

This is to be my first bent (I briefly had a Ryan LWB, too large, too heavy). I want SWB, USS.

Thanks,

Stuart Friedman

Well China Mascot did show up at a few annual Interbike shows and were well received and people who
have done demo rides have raved about them and they are selling...so risk it and try one out. Plus
for the low price the alternative is a used bent.
------------------------------------------

news:[email protected]...
> Has anyone seen one/rode one, any comments on those more expert and experienced??
>
> This is to be my first bent (I briefly had a Ryan LWB, too large, too heavy). I want SWB, USS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stuart Friedman

news:[email protected]...
> Has anyone seen one/rode one, any comments on those more expert and experienced??
>
> This is to be my first bent (I briefly had a Ryan LWB, too large, too heavy). I want SWB, USS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stuart Friedman
>
I've got a few hundred miles on a Tidal Wave. It's the 2nd bent in the stable as of now (other is
a Tour Easy), and the 2nd SWB USS I've owned. Overall, it's a decent bike. I did replace the
stock wheels because I had better ones already, and the crank because I wanted shorter arms and
lower gearing.

The seat is upholstered over an aluminum frame and does not provide any ventilation. If you sweat a
lot, you'll need a wicking shirt. Cotton ain't gonna get it done. The seat back is narrow, even for
a eurostyle though, so not so much skin contact.

For the money, it's hard to beat. I'd say it compares well with the Haluzak I once rode. I like the
TW seat better, the Haluzak handlebars better, and the rest of the componentry is the same. Ride is
very similar.

The Tidal Wave is a relatively light bike, and that helps me climb faster on it than on my TE.

Tom Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.