ActionBent Road Runner - great looking bike!

Rocketman

Guest
The ActionBent Road Runner is one sweet looking bike!
Congratulations guys!

http://www.actionbent.com/RR.html

I can't find anything about the Road Runner that I would
change, certainly not at that price. It appears to be the
sporty, sleek, do-it-all performance SWB/OSS bike that
many of us have been searching for. The front disc brake
puts it ahead of everything else in its class (even at
twice the price). BROL's review said that the ActionBend
hardshell seat is comfy; but that would be my one concern.
It looks great!

Any Road Runner owners here? Has anybody test ridden one?

Originally posted by Rocketman
[...]

I can't speak to the road runner , however as an owner of a Tidal Wave, converted to OSS, I can comment on the seat. Yes it is comfy. Compareing it to my EZ sport, with a mesh back, the Actionbent seat less likely to give you Recumbent Butt, but is warmer, even with the center slit for cooling. The TW is fast & reasonably well made. Handeling is steady at speed, a little twitchy when going slow, or starting out. I don't think I would want to start riding recumbents on a short wheel Base .

Regards, Andre`

Regarding the Road Runner specifically, one owner posting at

has a problem with the monoblade front fork alignment,
saying the bike pulled to the left. Randy at ActionBent is
working with the manufacturer to get a replacement fork for
him. Hopefully that'll work out just fine.

aportteus wrote:

> I can't speak to the road runner , however as an owner
> of a Tidal Wave, converted to OSS

Hey Andre`, what did you use to convert to USS?

I know Tom Thompson used the Glideflex stem and a RANS
riser.

I'm thinking of using the Burley combo flip stem and riser
from poweroncycling.com.

Oh, I see from your posting at the yahoo group that you
used a RANS riser without any "flip" mechanism. How do
you like it?

--
I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE
for legitimate replies.