actionbent

I just ordered one off ebay. It comes from actionbent. Ordered on Friday and
I am expecting delivery on Wednesday. Not too bad If it comes. I live in NC
so thats not too bad going all the way acrros country.
"Duram" <danur@@ig.com.br> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Is it a good bent?
>
> http://www.actionbent.com/ASSEMBLY_MANUAL/ABFocus.htm
>
> Is it save to buy from them? how long they take to delivery?
>

> --
> NewsGuy.Com 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth

I have a friend who has one of their trikes, and swears by it. I think it's
amazing for the price.
Chas

Chas12 wrote:
> I have a friend who has one of their trikes, and swears by it. I think it's
> amazing for the price.
> Chas

Yes, the price is a good incentive. If you want to try a recumbent why
not start out with as little expense as possible.

Duram wrote:
> Is it a good bent?
>
> http://www.actionbent.com/ASSEMBLY_MANUAL/ABFocus.htm
>
> Is it save to buy from them? how long they take to delivery?
>

> --
> NewsGuy.Com 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth

(I'm basing my opinion on what I'd read on Recumbent Cyclist News and
different internet posts.)

They have a very satisfied user's group on Yahoo! groups. They have a
good reputation for what they do, which is provide the kind of 'bents
that would be the equivalent of a bike you find in Toys R Us (and
that's not a put-down at all) -- probably a bit better. Customer
Service is said to be okay, though one must keep in mind that this is a
one-man company. Basically, if you don't need hand-holding and you
don't want to spend a lot of money, an ActionBent will easily get you
from Point A to Point B.

NYC XYZ wrote:
> Duram wrote:
>
>>Is it a good bent?
>>
>>http://www.actionbent.com/ASSEMBLY_MANUAL/ABFocus.htm
>>
>>Is it save to buy from them? how long they take to delivery?
>>

>>--
>>NewsGuy.Com 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth

> (I'm basing my opinion on what I'd read on Recumbent Cyclist News and
> different internet posts.)
>
> They have a very satisfied user's group on Yahoo! groups. They have a
> good reputation for what they do, which is provide the kind of 'bents
> that would be the equivalent of a bike you find in Toys R Us (and
> that's not a put-down at all) -- probably a bit better. Customer
> Service is said to be okay, though one must keep in mind that this is a
> one-man company. Basically, if you don't need hand-holding and you
> don't want to spend a lot of money, an ActionBent will easily get you
> from Point A to Point B.

I just received my bike today. Ordered it on Friday and would have been
here on Wednesday if UPS had not routed it to the wrong place. Opening
the box and getting first looks I was impressed. The crank was an FSA
crank with a 30-39-53 set up. The auction said 30-42-52, but I was very
happy with the change. The paint looks good. I got the Sunburst Orange.
I can't wait to put it together.

Mick wrote:

> I just received my bike today. Ordered it on Friday and would have been
> here on Wednesday if UPS had not routed it to the wrong place. Opening
> the box and getting first looks I was impressed. The crank was an FSA
> crank with a 30-39-53 set up. The auction said 30-42-52, but I was very
> happy with the change. The paint looks good. I got the Sunburst Orange.
> I can't wait to put it together.

Oh, goody! Please post a review when you get back from the honeymoon!

This is definitely a brand I'd keep my eye out for, to see what else
they do in the years to come...as it is, I can almost see just getting
one for little trips about town! Basically, an everyday workhorse
'bent that I won't worry too much about where rain is concerned, or
scratched paint, etc. -- something I can, um, "abuse," so to speak...an
old stand-by: reliable, tough, but inexpensive.

I have the Action Bent trike, and I find it a great trike. The quality
of the parts on mine are at the top of the list. Dura_ace, XT, 105,
DA16. But sometimes the equipment does not match what you ordered. If
that is the case just contact ActionBent and you should be taken care
of. The only thing I saw changed occasionally was the shifters. They
went from Dura_ace to Dia-Comp. All and all it is a great deal for the
money. But PLEASE remember you are buying from the distributor not the
local bike shop, so don't expect hand holding.

NYC XYZ wrote:
> Mick wrote:
>>
>> I just received my bike today. Ordered it on Friday and would have been
>> here on Wednesday if UPS had not routed it to the wrong place. Opening
>> the box and getting first looks I was impressed. The crank was an FSA
>> crank with a 30-39-53 set up. The auction said 30-42-52, but I was very
>> happy with the change. The paint looks good. I got the Sunburst Orange.
>> I can't wait to put it together.

> Oh, goody! Please post a review when you get back from the honeymoon!
>
> This is definitely a brand I'd keep my eye out for, to see what else
> they do in the years to come...as it is, I can almost see just getting
> one for little trips about town! Basically, an everyday workhorse
> 'bent that I won't worry too much about where rain is concerned, or
> scratched paint, etc. -- something I can, um, "abuse," so to speak...an
> old stand-by: reliable, tough, but inexpensive.

Well I guess I'm back from the honeymoon. I'm very impressed. I thought
the chain tubes would be noisy but they are very quiet. I'm getting a
lot more comfortable with the bike. It is very responsive. It feels like
when I first rode a good quality bike compared to the POS's I used to ride.

Mick wrote:

> Well I guess I'm back from the honeymoon. I'm very impressed. I thought
> the chain tubes would be noisy but they are very quiet. I'm getting a
> lot more comfortable with the bike. It is very responsive. It feels like
> when I first rode a good quality bike compared to the POS's I used to ride.

Curious...what other 'bents have you tried -- what 'bents are POSes??
(Or were you referring to DFs?)

Geez, I almost want one myself! I'm getting a top-of-the-line HP Velo
SMGTe (only dropped the hydro-discs at the last mo' 'cause of
maintenance issues) but I'm really piqued by an ActionBent! Which one
did you get? Is it OSS or USS?

I'm surprised, too, that your chain tubes are so very quiet. IIRC, the
one demerit a JetStream owner had to say in his review for RCN was that
it was fairly noisy.

Is there an unhappy ActionBent owner out there??

Then again, come to think of it...I've never heard of an unhappy
'bent-head, no matter the machine! They may outgrow their machines, or
decide it's not really for them, but are there such things as POS
'bents?

In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on 18 Apr 2006 20:51:24 -0700
NYC XYZ <[email protected]> wrote:
> Then again, come to think of it...I've never heard of an unhappy
> 'bent-head, no matter the machine! They may outgrow their machines, or
> decide it's not really for them, but are there such things as POS
> 'bents?

Well... I wasn't happy with the cheapish one that I borrowed and which
bent in the middle when braking downhill!

Zebee

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

> Well... I wasn't happy with the cheapish one that I borrowed and which
> bent in the middle when braking downhill!
>
> Zebee

Wow, which make and model? Glad you lived to tell the tale!

In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on 19 Apr 2006 09:55:08 -0700
NYC XYZ <[email protected]> wrote:

> Zebee Johnstone wrote:
>>

>> Well... I wasn't happy with the cheapish one that I borrowed and which
>> bent in the middle when braking downhill!

> Wow, which make and model? Glad you lived to tell the tale!

An early interation of a taiwanese made one being sold in Australia.

The current ones of that breed are more robust I'm told.

I wasn't going fast, I braked, hit a dip, and the frame, which had a
swooping curve under the seat rather than a straight line, curved
more...

Zebee

NYC XYZ wrote:
> Mick wrote:
>
>>Well I guess I'm back from the honeymoon. I'm very impressed. I thought
>>the chain tubes would be noisy but they are very quiet. I'm getting a
>>lot more comfortable with the bike. It is very responsive. It feels like
>>when I first rode a good quality bike compared to the POS's I used to ride.

> Curious...what other 'bents have you tried -- what 'bents are POSes??
> (Or were you referring to DFs?)
>
> Geez, I almost want one myself! I'm getting a top-of-the-line HP Velo
> SMGTe (only dropped the hydro-discs at the last mo' 'cause of
> maintenance issues) but I'm really piqued by an ActionBent! Which one
> did you get? Is it OSS or USS?
>
> I'm surprised, too, that your chain tubes are so very quiet. IIRC, the
> one demerit a JetStream owner had to say in his review for RCN was that
> it was fairly noisy.
>
> Is there an unhappy ActionBent owner out there??
>
> Then again, come to think of it...I've never heard of an unhappy
> 'bent-head, no matter the machine! They may outgrow their machines, or
> decide it's not really for them, but are there such things as POS
> 'bents?

I was talking about when I first bought a good quality DF bike. Sorry
for not being more clear.

In article <[email protected]>, NYC
XYZ ([email protected]) wrote:

> Then again, come to think of it...I've never heard of an unhappy
> 'bent-head, no matter the machine! They may outgrow their machines, or
> decide it's not really for them, but are there such things as POS
> 'bents?

Once upon a time I rather foolishly bought an FWD/RWS tricycle from a
certain Mr. M. Burrows. It spent a considerable part of the summer of
1989 trying to kill me, as at speeds of more than 15 mph it was wont to
lift each rear wheel in turn until it fell over and the hapless rider
slid down the road wearing the thing for a hat. I still have the scars
from where a considerable quantity of Mr. Larrington came off at the
bottom of the hill at Eastway. My friend Mr. J. Woolrich maintained
that he knew precisely what was wrong with its geometry, and took it off
my hands for about a hundred of the BRITONS' pounds.

For the past sixteen years it has been lurking untouched in the vast
network of Sheds which conspire to prop up his bathroom.

Give the anarchist a cigarette.

> In article <[email protected]>, NYC
> XYZ ([email protected]) wrote:
>
>> Then again, come to think of it...I've never heard of an unhappy
>> 'bent-head, no matter the machine! They may outgrow their machines, or
>> decide it's not really for them, but are there such things as POS
>> 'bents?

> Once upon a time I rather foolishly bought an FWD/RWS tricycle from a
> certain Mr. M. Burrows. It spent a considerable part of the summer of
> 1989 trying to kill me, as at speeds of more than 15 mph it was wont to
> lift each rear wheel in turn until it fell over and the hapless rider
> slid down the road wearing the thing for a hat. I still have the scars
> from where a considerable quantity of Mr. Larrington came off at the
> bottom of the hill at Eastway. My friend Mr. J. Woolrich maintained
> that he knew precisely what was wrong with its geometry, and took it off
> my hands for about a hundred of the BRITONS' pounds.
>
> For the past sixteen years it has been lurking untouched in the vast
> network of Sheds which conspire to prop up his bathroom.

There is no way a front wheel drive, rear wheel steer recumbent trike is
ever going to work. These kind of contraptions are strictly for the circus.
But the damn things are intriguing, I must admit.

I see that you Brits are still into abbreviating first names by letter only.
We do not really do that much in the US.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka