Active Badge survey

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Apr 21, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    My name is Yong and I am a grad student at the University of Toronto. I
    have a 5-question survey about a research project called "Active
    Badge", and I am writing to invite you to participate in this survey.
    The survey consists only 5 questions and can be found at:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=370322043067.

    The purpose of this survey is to understand people's opinion about
    office/home location systems like Active Badge --- What people want and
    do not want from these intelligent systems. Your participation is
    greatly appreciated.

    regards,
    Yong

    Tags:

  2. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My name is Yong and I am a grad student at the University of Toronto. I
    > have a 5-question survey about a research project called "Active
    > Badge", and I am writing to invite you to participate in this survey.
    > The survey consists only 5 questions and can be found at:
    > http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=370322043067.
    >
    > The purpose of this survey is to understand people's opinion about
    > office/home location systems like Active Badge --- What people want and
    > do not want from these intelligent systems. Your participation is
    > greatly appreciated.

    Question 1. Are you easily sucked into commercial spam in your favourite
    news groups?

    Answer. No. we resent it.

  3. Doug Kanter

    Doug Kanter Guest

  4. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My name is Yong and I am a grad student at the University of Toronto. I
    > have a 5-question survey about a research project called "Active
    > Badge", and I am writing to invite you to participate in this survey.
    > The survey consists only 5 questions and can be found at:
    > http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=370322043067.
    >
    > The purpose of this survey is to understand people's opinion about
    > office/home location systems like Active Badge --- What people want and
    > do not want from these intelligent systems. Your participation is
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > regards,
    > Yong

    "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have
    to show you any stinking badges!" -- Alfonso Bedoya, The Treasure of
    Sierra Madre

    -Rusty

  5. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    Rusty wrote:

    > "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have
    > to show you any stinking badges!" -- Alfonso Bedoya, The Treasure of
    > Sierra Madre

    Nicely done. Most people get that quote wrong.

    Best regards,
    Bob

  6. Default User

    Default User Guest

    zxcvbob wrote:

    > Rusty wrote:
    > >
    > > "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't
    > > have to show you any stinking badges!" -- Alfonso Bedoya, The
    > > Treasure of Sierra Madre
    > >

    > Nicely done. Most people get that quote wrong.

    Only if they purport it to come from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
    The line, "we don't need no stinking badges" was used in Blazing
    Saddles.

    Brian
    won't shut up.

  7. Ken Davey

    Ken Davey Guest

    Default User wrote:
    > zxcvbob wrote:
    >
    >> Rusty wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't
    >>> have to show you any stinking badges!" -- Alfonso Bedoya, The
    >>> Treasure of Sierra Madre
    >>>

    >> Nicely done. Most people get that quote wrong.

    > Only if they purport it to come from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
    > The line, "we don't need no stinking badges" was used in Blazing
    > Saddles.
    >

    > Brian

    It was re-used in Blazing Saddles

    Ken ;)

    --
    Volunteer your idle computer time for cancer research
    http//www.grid.org/download/gold/download.htm

  8. BookWight

    BookWight Guest

    Wandering along the edges of rec.food.cooking, I found the following bit of
    electronic flotsam written by zxcvbob <[email protected]> in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Rusty wrote:
    >>
    >> "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have
    >> to show you any stinking badges!" -- Alfonso Bedoya, The Treasure of
    >> Sierra Madre
    >>

    > Nicely done. Most people get that quote wrong.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Bob

    That looks like it's the quote from the movie; I seem to recall having read
    an excerpt of the novel that included a goodly dash of explicit profanity
    within that remark . . . . .