Activity nsv

Miss Violette

Guest
As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do anything to lose weight that I
can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half trip to the laundry matt. We
do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit into the washer at home. And
yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that I would wash everything in the
linen closet, sort it and get rid of what was getting ragged... then I decided to not do the regular
stuff at home and took it also... We got to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave until after
1:30 AM the next morning... We sat down twice for 15 minutes and left once for a ten minute car ride
to get more soap... It was as cold as it gets here and we moved the entire time except for those
breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four solid hours of
laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it would be that many. I don't
take activity points for the daily things I do as I think the balance will come there when figuring
out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is just to say that even increasing your daily
activity through chores and moving in general will help your losses. I am still not finding any
exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and that is a vast improvement
to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me the 12 points I stated earlier
and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes for the food pantry to
hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit more often now as I have
far fewer linens and I truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to be that tired. Lee

Wowee! That was some job! And you have definitely earned some points for it ;-D Congratulations for
a job well done ;-D Elaine K

Miss Violette wrote:

>As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do anything to lose weight that I
>can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half trip to the laundry matt.
>We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit into the washer at home.
>And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that I would wash everything in
>the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what was getting ragged... then I decided to not do the
>regular stuff at home and took it also... We got to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave
>until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat down twice for 15 minutes and left once for a ten
>minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as it gets here and we moved the entire time
>except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four
>solid hours of laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it would be that
>many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as I think the balance will come there
>when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is just to say that even increasing
>your daily activity through chores and moving in general will help your losses. I am still not
>finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and that is a
>vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me the 12
>points I stated earlier and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes
>for the food pantry to hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit
>more often now as I have far fewer linens and I truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to
>be that tired. Lee

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:18:55 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four solid hours of laundry, 12
>activity points.

When I started it was just washing the car, then decorating, then the treadmill and the bike , then
the weights. It's addictive, though I never thought I'd say that.

Well done

Ray

--
rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

Lee:

There has to be something out there for you!! If I can succomb to the exercise bug then you
must be next.

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

Miss Violette wrote:
> As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do anything to lose weight that I
> can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half trip to the laundry matt.
> We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit into the washer at home.
> And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that I would wash everything in
> the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what was getting ragged... then I decided to not do the
> regular stuff at home and took it also... We got to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave
> until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat down twice for 15 minutes and left once for a ten
> minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as it gets here and we moved the entire time
> except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four
> solid hours of laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it would be that
> many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as I think the balance will come
> there when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is just to say that even
> increasing your daily activity through chores and moving in general will help your losses. I am
> still not finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and
> that is a vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me
> the 12 points I stated earlier and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable
> clothes for the food pantry to hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do
> this a bit more often now as I have far fewer linens and I truthfully have no desire to buy more
> or frankly to be that tired. Lee

There just has to be an activity or exercise you'd enjoy at least as much as washing linens at the
laundromat for 6 hours! If you can commit to a project like that, there's gotta be some form of
exercise out there with your name on it. After all, marathons are run in less time. LOL

Prairie Roots

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:18:55 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do anything to lose weight that I
>can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half trip to the laundry matt.
>We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit into the washer at home.
>And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that I would wash everything in
>the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what was getting ragged... then I decided to not do the
>regular stuff at home and took it also... We got to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave
>until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat down twice for 15 minutes and left once for a ten
>minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as it gets here and we moved the entire time
>except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four
>solid hours of laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it would be that
>many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as I think the balance will come there
>when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is just to say that even increasing
>your daily activity through chores and moving in general will help your losses. I am still not
>finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and that is a
>vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me the 12
>points I stated earlier and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes
>for the food pantry to hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit
>more often now as I have far fewer linens and I truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to
>be that tired. Lee

Wow Lee! That's lots of laundry. You must have had energy to spend that day. I think about that much
laundry and it depresses me, then I don't do any!

Brenda

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do
anything
> to lose weight that I can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half trip
> to the laundry matt. We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit into
> the washer at home. And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that I
> would wash everything in the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what was getting ragged... then
> I decided to not do the regular stuff at home and took it also... We got to the laundry matt at
> 5:30 PM and didn't leave until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat down twice for 15 minutes
and
> left once for a ten minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as
it
> gets here and we moved the entire time except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty of
> flex points left I put in for four solid hours
of
> laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it
would
> be that many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as I think the balance will
> come there when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is just to say that even
> increasing your daily activity through chores and moving in general will help your losses. I am
> still not finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and
> that is a vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me
> the 12 points I stated
earlier
> and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes for the food pantry to
> hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit more often now as I
> have far fewer linens and I truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to be that tired. Lee

I felt a real sense of accomplishment. I love that I helped the entire time
without giving up and him doing it all. I also love that the closet the
dirty things were in is organized and clean and the linen closet is cleaned,
organized, and not over stuffed. I do now need some new towels but I have
enough of everything else and it is all in nice condition. It just feels so
good to declutter my house as I declutter my fat, Lee
Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wowee! That was some job! And you have definitely earned some points for it ;-D Congratulations
> for a job well done ;-D Elaine K
>
> Miss Violette wrote:
>
> >As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do
anything
> >to lose weight that I can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half
> >trip to the laundry matt. We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit
> >into the washer at home. And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that
> >would wash everything in the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what
was
> >getting ragged... then I decided to not do the regular stuff at home and took it also... We got
> >to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat
> >down twice for 15 minutes
and
> >left once for a ten minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as
it
> >gets here and we moved the entire time except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty
> >of flex points left I put in for four solid hours
of
> >laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it
would
> >be that many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as
> >think the balance will come there when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is
> >just to say that even increasing your daily activity through chores and moving in general will
> >help your losses. I
am
> >still not finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and
> >that is a vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me
> >the 12 points I stated
earlier
> >and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes for the food pantry to
> >hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit more often now as I
> >have far fewer linens and
> >truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to be that tired. Lee

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:18:55 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four solid hours
of
> >laundry, 12 activity points.
>
> When I started it was just washing the car, then decorating, then the treadmill and the bike ,
> then the weights. It's addictive, though I never thought I'd say that.
>
> Well done
>
> Ray
>
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

ooh - so addictive! but then I have a tendancy towards that.... however, I figure swopping smoking
for religious gym/swim attendance is a fair exchange.....*grin*

--
krys

UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

. It's addictive, though I
> never thought I'd say that.
>

> Ray

Told ya it was :):)

now I am scared, Lee
ray miller <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:18:55 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four solid hours
of
> >laundry, 12 activity points.
>
> When I started it was just washing the car, then decorating, then the treadmill and the bike ,
> then the weights. It's addictive, though I never thought I'd say that.
>
> Well done
>
> Ray
>
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

I know there is and if I ever catch the jerk that stole my audio tape, I
will need serious forgiveness for the pain I intend to inflict on him, Lee
Connie <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message
> Lee:
>
> There has to be something out there for you!! If I can succomb to the exercise bug then you must
> be next.
>
> Connie
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> Connie Walsh
>
> 241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5
>

> Miss Violette wrote:
> > As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do
anything
> > to lose weight that I can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half
> > trip to the laundry matt. We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't
> > fit into the washer at
home.
> > And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that
> > would wash everything in the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what
was
> > getting ragged... then I decided to not do the regular stuff at home and took it also... We got
> > to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat
> > down twice for 15 minutes
and
> > left once for a ten minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold
as it
> > gets here and we moved the entire time except for those breaks. Just
for
> > fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four solid hours
of
> > laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it
would
> > be that many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as
> > think the balance will come there when figuring out maintenance. I
guess
> > why I am writing this is just to say that even increasing your daily activity through chores and
> > moving in general will help your losses. I
am
> > still not finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and
> > that is a vast improvement to where I used to
be..
> > The result of this washing honestly netted me the 12 points I stated
earlier
> > and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable
clothes
> > for the food pantry to hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a
> > bit more often now as I have far fewer linens and
> > truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to be that tired. Lee

I hated the laundry also, and I will eventually find something but I am not
going to stress about it either, Lee
Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> There just has to be an activity or exercise you'd enjoy at least as much as washing linens at the
> laundromat for 6 hours! If you can commit to a project like that, there's gotta be some form of
> exercise out there with your name on it. After all, marathons are run in less time. LOL
>
> Prairie Roots
>
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:18:55 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do
anything
> >to lose weight that I can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half
> >trip to the laundry matt. We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit
> >into the washer at home. And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that
> >would wash everything in the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what
was
> >getting ragged... then I decided to not do the regular stuff at home and took it also... We got
> >to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat
> >down twice for 15 minutes
and
> >left once for a ten minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as
it
> >gets here and we moved the entire time except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty
> >of flex points left I put in for four solid hours
of
> >laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it
would
> >be that many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as
> >think the balance will come there when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is
> >just to say that even increasing your daily activity through chores and moving in general will
> >help your losses. I
am
> >still not finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and
> >that is a vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me
> >the 12 points I stated
earlier
> >and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes for the food pantry to
> >hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit more often now as I
> >have far fewer linens and
> >truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to be that tired. Lee

I really had no choice, it was wash it or sleep on the plastic mattress of
the water bed, and we just kept at it and had a nice time talking while we
did it. I usually do all laundry at home as I am super picky. He does do
handwash for me but that is because I want him to make sure handwash has no
spots as they are nicer clothes. I actually think the time talking was
nice, and the side benefit of two very clean very organized closets is just
excellent, thanks, Lee
news:[email protected]...