Adam Hodges Myerson wins Stage 8 of FBD MILK RAS in Dublin

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tony, May 25, 2003.

  1. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

  2. On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:38:53 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=3799
    >
    >How the hell could Adam have gotten a win over Malcolm Elliot? Even though Malcolm had to put down
    >his cane and remove his pacemaker to race, he was one of the really talented riders around.
    >
    >Congradulations Adam!

    Never mind that - here's the hero of the Ras

    "(Hodges-Myerson) paid tribute to his team-mate, Matt Svatek, who set him up for the sprint from a
    long way out and he also revealed that Svatek had ridden the entire Rás in the big ring for a
    €1,000 bet!"

    Stage 6 went over the Glengesh Pass - which has sections of 25%

    Regards! Stephen

  3. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    Congrats to Meyerson and Laudien, an excellent result.
    Q: how can he coach people like Lieswyn and still race/train so hard?

    Greg

  4. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: [email protected] (Bikerecker)

    >Congrats to Meyerson and Laudien, an excellent result.
    >Q: how can he coach people like Lieswyn and still race/train so hard?
    >
    >Greg

    We've been trying to figure out when he actually sleeps for a couple of years. Between all the
    'cross and road stuff he promotes, the coaching he does, and the community work it's amazing that
    he still rides the way he does. I think that this year he's made a little more time to train but
    I'd bet a lot of it comes out of his sleep schedule. Bill C

  5. [email protected] (TritonRider) writes:

    > >From: [email protected] (Bikerecker)
    >
    > >Congrats to Meyerson and Laudien, an excellent result.
    > >Q: how can he coach people like Lieswyn and still race/train so hard?
    > >
    > >Greg
    > >

    > We've been trying to figure out when he actually sleeps for a couple of years. Between all the
    > 'cross and road stuff he promotes, the coaching he does, and the community work it's amazing
    > that he still rides the way he does. I think that this year he's made a little more time to
    > train but I'd bet a lot of it comes out of his sleep schedule. Bill C

    He cut back on his RBR time.

    -Gerard

  6. "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=3799
    >
    > How the hell could Adam have gotten a win over Malcolm Elliot? Even though Malcolm had to put down
    > his cane and remove his pacemaker to race, he was one of the really talented riders around.
    >
    > Congradulations Adam!

    John Tanner was also in the race. IIRC, Elliot was a member of the first British trade team to ride
    the TdF (1987?) and rode the TdF for Fagor in 1988. I guess the leprechauns are pushing the aged
    around Eire this year.
    :)

  7. Greg Hall

    Greg Hall Guest

    [email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Congrats to Meyerson and Laudien, an excellent result.
    > Q: how can he coach people like Lieswyn and still race/train so hard?
    >
    > Greg

    Not to mention being a vegan on top of that. Amazing.

    Congratulation AMH on the BIG win.

    Greg "bean and rice powered" Hall

  8. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Morgul Bismark" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=3799
    > >
    > > How the hell could Adam have gotten a win over Malcolm Elliot?
    Even
    > > though Malcolm had to put down his cane and remove his pacemaker
    > > race, he was one of the really talented riders around.
    > >
    > > Congradulations Adam!
    >
    > John Tanner was also in the race. IIRC, Elliot was a member of the
    first
    > British trade team to ride the TdF (1987?) and rode the TdF for
    Fagor in
    > 1988. I guess the leprechauns are pushing the aged around Eire this
    year.

    There was a legend in the motorcycle race in norhern Ireland that each time you crossed a particular
    bridge you had to say hello to the little people or else they would curse you. There was this
    marvelous cartoon of one of the American's crossing the bridge and saying to himself, "What a bunch
    of malarkey". The next lap the little folk had a rope stretched across the road.

    Perhaps that is more closely aligned to what happened in this Milk Ras.

  9. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Gerard Lanois" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (TritonRider) writes:
    >
    > > >From: [email protected] (Bikerecker)
    > >
    > > >Congrats to Meyerson and Laudien, an excellent result.
    > > >Q: how can he coach people like Lieswyn and still race/train so
    hard?

    > > We've been trying to figure out when he actually sleeps for a couple of years. Between all the
    > > 'cross and road stuff he
    promotes,
    > > the coaching he does, and the community work it's amazing that he still rides the way he does. I
    > > think that this year he's made a little more time to train but I'd bet a lot of it comes out of
    > > his sleep schedule. Bill C
    >
    > He cut back on his RBR time.

    That ought to be good for another 10,000 miles a year training.