Adapt XTR Standard caliper to Post mount??

heddywouldgo

Sep 11, 2005
Is there anyone out there who has adapted/modified XTR calipers (M965) that are IS to post mounts?? I was given a Manitou fork and it's got post mounts and my brakes are Standard, so what to do? It seems everyone else (Avid, Hayes) makes cheap adapters, but of course Shimano wants $45 plus you have to use a larger rotor (170mm). Any ideas for a solution? I really want to make this work because it would be a sweet setup, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

-Heather

heddywouldgo said:
Is there anyone out there who has adapted/modified XTR calipers (M965) that are IS to post mounts?? I was given a Manitou fork and it's got post mounts and my brakes are Standard, so what to do? It seems everyone else (Avid, Hayes) makes cheap adapters, but of course Shimano wants $45 plus you have to use a larger rotor (170mm). Any ideas for a solution? I really want to make this work because it would be a sweet setup, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

-Heather
Nevermind- I found my solution. For those of you who run across this problem, I used an adapter I purchased on pricepoint http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/11297-115_A2ZDB1-3-Parts-158-Brakes/Disc/A2Z-Disc-Brake-Adapter.htm (shimano wanted $55 for theirs!!) and then bought a 170 mm rotor. Works great!!

Question- Why is it that nobody posts on this site??? Everyone just reads things, but doesn't post. What's up with that??? It's not very helpful