Addiction

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Thunder9 Nospam, May 1, 2003.

  1. Why didn't anyone tell me that biking was addictive? Now I think I'm hooked and will never be
    the same....

    :)

    Regards, Thunder9

    NOSPAM is antispam

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:

    Tags:

  2. Tauras

    Tauras Guest

    BB = bottom bracket

    Addictive? Are you kidding? You can't buy any livation at any cost, that your body produces gratis
    on a long hard climb ;)

    Tauras http://www.kcbx.net/~tsulaiti/surfreport/

    > Why didn't anyone tell me that biking was addictive? Now I think I'm hooked and will never be the
    > same....
    >
    > :)
    >
    > Regards, Thunder9
    >
    > NOSPAM is antispam
    >
    > --
    > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or
    > contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    > http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  3. Nitzsche

    Nitzsche Guest

    It turns out that the real you is only to be found via endurance.

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  4. >Why didn't anyone tell me that biking was addictive? Now I think I'm hooked and will never be
    >the same...

    You won't be the same. That's fer sure, that's fer dang sure.

    Whether you'll be better is a debatable point, no matter where you go, there you are.

    the Texas Elvis"------------------

    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  5. Nb

    Nb Guest

    DITTO!

    I just started biking all out a month ago, which before that I wasn't at all. I use it for
    everything from commute to finding insane backwoods trails. But a week and a half ago I had to send
    it back because of a faulty derailer and I still haven't gotten it back. I feel like a drug addict
    who has been deprived of his crack. I can't shut up about getting it back, my legs are begging for
    the torture, and I have a huge resource of energy which is just wasting away. I need to get a second
    bike for redundancy.....