Adding shifters to aero bars

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by bryanquinn, Aug 23, 2005.

1. bryanquinn

bryanquinn New Member

Hi All,
    I want to add different aero bars to one of my road bikes. I use it for commuting and want to get the shiting placed so that I don't have to come out of the tucked position to shift. I have Profile century bars on there now but I don't see how I could fit them with shifters as there are no mounting holes. Unless I'm missing something?
    I've seen other types of aero bars on other web sites but I'm not sure which would be the best for the most reasonable price. I'm not looking to actually race this bike so I don't want to mortage the house.
    I will be doing the work myself so as to save money.
    Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    TIA,
    Bryan

Tags:

2. bryanquinn

bryanquinn New Member

Also I'm using an 8speed system so if anyone out there has a set of bar end shifters that they want to sell please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Bryan

3. cheetah8799

cheetah8799 New Member

The Profile Century aero bars aren't meant for aero shifters. I have the same bars. They are simply clip-ons for regular road bike handlebars and you continue to use your normal brake/shift levers.

Take a look at some TT/Triathlon bikes and how they are setup. You may want to test ride some just to see what they are like riding too.