[Adel] This bike's rider is badly hurt. Do you know who he is?

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
AdelaideNow: This bike's rider is badly hurt. Do you know who he is? (March 25, 2008 02:10pm)
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23427623-5006301,00.html

Image: a picture of a bicycle involved in a serious accident is being published by AdelaideNow in the hope someone can identify the critically injured rider.

(NB: It's a silver & black Raleigh with a cable lock on the bars)

The cyclist is fighting for his life after apparently falling from his bike in the northern suburbs. The identity of the man is unknown, as are circumstances of the accident at the corner of Rossdale Ave and Sheffield Cr at Blair Athol about 8.30pm.

Police have been door-knocking residents of the area in a bid to identify him, but have so far been unsuccessful. Crash investigators attended the scene and marked where it appears that the man hit the kerb before falling from the bike.

The man was wearing a helmet, but the bike was not fitted with a headlight and there were no street lights in the area of the crash. He is described as Caucasian and aged in his 50s and police are appealing for witnesses to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.

It is thought the accident happened in Rosedale St, Blair Athol, about 8.30pm, but further details of how the man came to be critically hurt remain a mystery. Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.

On Mar 25, 4:10 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.36t...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> AdelaideNow: This bike's rider is badly hurt. Do you know who he is?
> (March 25, 2008 02:10pm)http://tinyurl.com/2hatf6
>
> Image:  a picture of a bicycle involved in a serious accident is being
> published by AdelaideNow in the hope someone can identify the critically
> injured rider.
>
> (NB: It's a silver & black Raleigh with a cable lock on the bars)
>
> The cyclist is fighting for his life after apparently falling from his
> bike in the northern suburbs. The identity of the man is unknown, as are
> circumstances of the accident at the corner of Rossdale Ave and
> Sheffield Cr at Blair Athol about 8.30pm.
>
> Police have been door-knocking residents of the area in a bid to
> identify him, but have so far been unsuccessful. Crash investigators
> attended the scene and marked where it appears that the man hit the kerb
> before falling from the bike.
>
> The man was wearing a helmet, but the bike was not fitted with a
> headlight and there were no street lights in the area of the crash. He
> is described as Caucasian and aged in his 50s and police are appealing
> for witnesses to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.
>
> It is thought the accident happened in Rosedale St, Blair Athol, about
> 8.30pm, but further details of how the man came to be critically hurt
> remain a mystery. Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident to
> contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.
>
> --
> cfsmtb

Seems strange, surely more people know someone by their face than
their bike...

PiledHigher said:
Seems strange, surely more people know someone by their face than
their bike...

Nah, I tend to recognise some people easier by their bike, especially if they're in civvies.

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> PiledHigher Wrote:
> >
> > Seems strange, surely more people know someone by their face than
> > their bike...

> Nah, I tend to recognise some people easier by their bike, especially
> if they're in civvies.

Yeah, but if he's done a face-plant... Remember, it says he was badly
injured, but was wearing a helmet. And the bike doesn't look damaged
either.

On 2008-03-25, PiledHigher (aka Bruce)
> On Mar 25, 4:10 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.36t...@no-
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
>> It is thought the accident happened in Rosedale St, Blair Athol, about
>> 8.30pm, but further details of how the man came to be critically hurt
>> remain a mystery. Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident to
>> contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.

> Seems strange, surely more people know someone by their face than
> their bike...

Depends how horrific the injuries. I don't think I would have been
recognised by most people that knew me when me face was carved up.

Plus there's the whole G-rating of television and newspaper news.

--
TimC
Conclusion to my thesis -- "It is trivial to show that it is

On 2008-03-25, PiledHigher (aka Bruce)