Adelaide bunch rides

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by RideToEat, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. RideToEat

    RideToEat New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2003
    I know these posts get a bit boring, but I'm trying to find out about moderate-paced bunch rides around Adelaide. I'll be staying in North Adelaide for about a week.

    Are there any links to such info?

    Tags:

  2. RideToEat

    RideToEat New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2003
    Anyone? Anything??

  3. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "RideToEat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > RideToEat wrote:
    > > I know these posts get a bit boring, but I'm trying to find out about moderate-paced bunch
    > > rides around Adelaide. I'll be staying in North Adelaide for about a week. Are there any links
    > > to such info?
    > Anyone? Anything??

    I did do a google for info when you first posted but came up with nothing.

    I don't even know if this is in Adelaide, but:
    <http://www.cycle2max.com/c2m/rides.nsf/0/BF0354E91C96717C69256D8B00452560?O
    penDocument>
    "The 6am ETSA goes to Hallet Cove and then a fair percentage of the bunch ride to Church at cnr of
    Grange and Military Rd for a FAST time trial to outer harbour and back. Ave speed over 40kmh. I've
    hit over 50 regularly on the flat on this ride."

    Try this one: http://www.cycle2max.com/c2m/cycling.nsf/Vregion_lookup/AustraliaSouth%20Aus
    tralia?opendocument

    hippy

  4. sun-lover

    sun-lover New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2003
    I am on the Gold Coast now but they used to have a ride starting at 6pm Thursday nights from Henley Beach park to Seacombe & back - 30km at 30km /hr avg... and another on Saturday mornings (fast) 7.30 am.. starts at the bike shop on King William Rd

  5. Scotty

    Scotty Guest

    am in adelaide and there is a Sat morning ride form megabike on King William Rd at 7:30am, different
    bunch speeds too. They go down to Glenelg and up to Outer Harbour and back (all flat)

    There are other semi-organised rides....try the norwood cc club site at http://www.norwoodcc.on.net/
    and yes cycle2max has some info too. http://www.cycle2max.com

    There also used to be a thursday morning time trial...meet around corner Grange Rd and Seaview Rd?
    Someone on Norwood CC site should be able to tell you more...about 7:30am I think??

    NCC used to have a Sunday morning ride from the club rooms at Stepney 8am I think but not sure if it
    is still going or not..yeah I havent been out for a long time!

    Have also seen riders congregate at No1 Anzac Hwy (big black building cnr Greenhill and Anzac Hwy)
    on Tues and Thurs at 6pm at times....not sure if this is a summer only thing though.

    hopefully of some help! cheers Scotty