Adelaide cycling clubs

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by daniel s, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. daniel s

    daniel s Guest

    Does anyone here have any recommendations for cycling clubs in Adelaide?

    I'm probably what you call a recreational rider at the moment due to
    time constraints, but would love to start racing later this year when my
    schedule frees up and I have more time to train. I'd like to give track
    racing a go at some point as well.

    I live in around Norwood, so Norwood cycling club would be the obvious
    choice, but I'd like to hear if anyone had any postive/negative feedback
    before I go ahead and join.

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Gemma_k

    Gemma_k Guest

    "daniel s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Does anyone here have any recommendations for cycling clubs in Adelaide?
    >
    > I'm probably what you call a recreational rider at the moment due to time
    > constraints, but would love to start racing later this year when my
    > schedule frees up and I have more time to train. I'd like to give track
    > racing a go at some point as well.
    >
    > I live in around Norwood, so Norwood cycling club would be the obvious
    > choice, but I'd like to hear if anyone had any postive/negative feedback
    > before I go ahead and join.

    Ring around a few clubs and see what they can offer you, you might find
    there are other clubs who are able to lend you equipment if you ever wish to
    try the track, etc. The costs of club fees and club clothing also varies.
    If you are not intending to race till the end of the year you can take out a
    ride-it license ($45) and upgrade it by paynig the difference to a racing
    one later in the year.
    Cheers
    Gemma (in Port Adelaide CC, the cheapest club in Adelaide, friendly people,
    track bikes to lend galore - but then again, I'm biased :)