Adelaide... it's OK

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Joel Mayes, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. Joel Mayes

    Joel Mayes Guest

    Was up in Adelaide for Womadeliade a couple of weeks ago,
    and was really impressed by how bicycle friendly the city
    was, big wide roads, polite drivers in the CBD, they even
    had extensive bicycle parking added to the festival site!

    Way to go Adelaide!!

    Joel "I Hate Elizabeth St" Mayes

    --
    | Joel Mayes | /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign Accordionist | \_/
    | stop HTML mail and news Musician | / \ Music Teacher |

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    And they have awesome hills just a short warmup outa town with a zillion different ways to go up/down/around them

    the AIS aint based there for nuthin...

  3. Hitchy

    Hitchy New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2004
    Messages:
    1,876

    G'day,

    Nice place Adelaide...unfortunately populated by Sth Australians, (who as we all know, are just Tasmanians that can swim!)....Ok, Ok, enough gratutitous St Australian jokes...but I couldn't help myself.......I heard they are getting 'lectricity next year?......ok, ok, No really....enough.....it's not PC to pick on the mentally challenged......shame on you Hitchy!, (but it IS a great place to ride the treadly)

    cheers,

    Hitchy

  4. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Polite drivers in the CBD?! Are we talking about the SAME
    Adelaide??!!

    news:[email protected]...

  5. Joel Mayes <[email protected]> writes:

    >Was up in Adelaide for Womadeliade a couple of weeks ago,
    >and was really impressed by how bicycle friendly the city
    >was, big wide roads... <snip>

    >Joel "I Hate Elizabeth St" Mayes

    Pity about the railway system though.

    Paul "Stuck at Dudley Park Station for 50 minutes"
    Dwerryhouse.

    --
    Paul Dwerryhouse | PGP Key ID: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    (X) <-> Melbourne, Australia ( ) | 0x6B91B584

  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    HAHA. Dont ever catch a 'sleeper' train across to Adelaide and fling the curtains open as you are getting dressed!!!

    I had images of green, tree'd views greeting me as I arose.
    I 'flung-the-curtains' and scared some poor kid in Mum's car at the rail-crossing in some suburban part of Adelaide :p