Adidas AdiStar Ultra

jo_shmo

Jun 17, 2006
Im in Australia and you can't find these anywhere but i really want a pair...

Anybody had any experience with adidas shoes? Im thinking of ordering a pair over the internet.

jo_shmo said:
yeah i saw those online as well. looks really nice.. in fact looks almost like a football boot.

seems like the only distributor in aust is in victoria... :(
I think online is the only way to go.

I've worn the Adidas Landuna shoes for a long time. Not quite as performance-oriented as some of the sidi shoes, but really pretty comfortable.

jo_shmo said:

Anybody had any experience with adidas shoes? Im thinking of ordering a pair over the internet.
Since you were planning on ordering over the Internet, there may be only ONE thing you may need to know -- the Adidas cycling shoes, like their other shoes, are (not surprisingly) probably made on a GERMAN "last" ... that works out "okay" with the non-cycling shoes because the leather will mold to one's feet.

The non-cycling Adidas shoes SEEM to be a bit on the narrow side ... since cycling shoes are generally made of material that doesn't stretch, you want to be very certain that a pair of non-cycling Adidas athletic shoes fit your feet well out-of-the-box.

I have settled on Shimano's cycling shoes because they are a little wider in the toe area ...

So, if a pair of non-cycling Adidas shoes fit you out-of-the-box, then you can probably size a pair of cycling shoes, accordingly.

But, if a pair of non-cycling Adidas shoes is snug, the cycling shoe will be snug.