Adidas road shoe sizes

Manji

Nov 13, 2004
Has anyone here used or tried on Adidas's road shoes? I am looking at the Adistar or Frosco model and take a 45 Nike running shoe (12US/11UK) and my current road shoes (Gaerne) are circa 1995 when blue and pink looked good togther :eek: cause that's what Pantani and Chiapucci used ;) hehe.
Seriously though they have seen better days and now that I am back riding around 150-200km a week after a few years off it's time to upgrade. I tried on a 45 Nike Altea yesterday and it seemed to fit ok although I would have liked to try a 45.5 as they seemed narrow in the toe box.....but I have read that Adidas are also pretty narrow in that area......HELP!!! :confused:

jmoryl

Sep 5, 2004
Manji said:
Has anyone here used or tried on Adidas's road shoes? I am looking at the Adistar or Frosco model and take a 45 Nike running shoe (12US/11UK) and my current road shoes (Gaerne) are circa 1995 when blue and pink looked good togther :eek: cause that's what Pantani and Chiapucci used ;) hehe.
Seriously though they have seen better days and now that I am back riding around 150-200km a week after a few years off it's time to upgrade. I tried on a 45 Nike Altea yesterday and it seemed to fit ok although I would have liked to try a 45.5 as they seemed narrow in the toe box.....but I have read that Adidas are also pretty narrow in that area......HELP!!! :confused:

I'm in a similar situation to you: I normally wear 44 in street shoes but 45 fit me better when it comes to Italian cycling shoes. Those adidas shoes look nice; I'd like to know more about their sizing, since none of the local shops seem to carry these. Did you ever learn anything?

Thanks,
Joe

Manji

Nov 13, 2004
No I am still to hear from anyone how they compare??? :confused: I have heard in the past that they run half to a full size small though....just wish someone could confirm as I have found a pair of the Froscos online that are under $100US :eek:

Anyone?

Manji

Nov 13, 2004
Just ordered a pair of the Froscos....cheap!!!! Thanks to Joe :cool:
Let's hope international shipping doesn't take too long ;)

jmoryl

Sep 5, 2004
Manji said:
Just ordered a pair of the Froscos....cheap!!!! Thanks to Joe :cool:
Let's hope international shipping doesn't take too long ;)

My Froscos came in earlier this week - how could I resist at $60, even if I couldn't try them on? Normally I take US 10.5 or Euro 44 street shoes, but I have been wearing 45 in Diadora bike shoes, which fit me well. Since the vendor was listing these in US sizes I chose 11 and the shoes seem to fit fine (my feet seem to be average to slightly wide). Interestingly, the tag on the shoes list the Euro size as 45 1/3!

So far I can't comment on how they work yet: cool weather and short days are keeping me on the trainer with my old shoes. But they look quite well made; perhaps bit pimped out (a common problem these days) in design.

Joe

Manji

Nov 13, 2004
jmoryl said:
My Froscos came in earlier this week - how could I resist at $60, even if I couldn't try them on? Normally I take US 10.5 or Euro 44 street shoes, but I have been wearing 45 in Diadora bike shoes, which fit me well. Since the vendor was listing these in US sizes I chose 11 and the shoes seem to fit fine (my feet seem to be average to slightly wide). Interestingly, the tag on the shoes list the Euro size as 45 1/3!

So far I can't comment on how they work yet: cool weather and short days are keeping me on the trainer with my old shoes. But they look quite well made; perhaps bit pimped out (a common problem these days) in design.

Joe
They sound great Joe :) I just got an email from performance saying that they will not ship to me as my credit card cannot be verifiied with the bank :confused: Sounds like just about the stupidist email excuse I have ever heard for not wanting to sell something to me, yes I'm in Australia but I supplied a VISA card number and my full personal details...how hard would it be to verify that I am actually who I say I am and that it is my card? Bloody idiots....it's a damn shame as those Froscos do look PIMP ;) and certainly look like they mean business :cool: