Adieu, Dan

William Asher wrote:
> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > William Asher wrote:
> >>
> >> Yeah, but you're Jewish.

> > Oh dear. I don't want to know how you know this. They just showed Louis
> > Malle's "Au revoir, les enfants" on TV here.

> I don't. In my defense, it was funnier before I actually posted it.

Humor, like quantum physics, changes when observed.
Heisenberg (that Nazi) had some principle about this (which is
odd, since the stereotype is that Germans aren't usually known for
the subtler qualities of comedy).

Anyway, someone with a physics degree and my name is almost
certainly Jewish, and anyone with the name who isn't still
gets the 50% off deal at Ess-A-Bagel (What, you didn't know
about the 50% off deal??) Further, my middle name is Joshua -
with a name like mine your mailbox is constantly clogging
up with junk mail from rabbinical schools.

Gotta run. Despite my joke about the nonseasonal demand
for license plates, December is actually a very busy time
around here at Zionist Occupation Government headquarters.
We can barely keep up with the demand for trinkets for the
Gentiles. We gotta move a lot of these trinkets - running an
Occupation Government isn't cheap, you know. Especially
now that Congressmen have developed a taste for Louis-Phillippe
toilets. What happened to the good old days when you could
buy a man's vote for a stripper and a box of cigars?

Me wrote:
> On 11/30/05 9:32 AM, in article
> [email protected], "Kurgan Gringioni"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > [email protected] wrote:
> >
> >> you hate those that are successfull. Is that not a trademark of
> >> a leftist.

> > Dumbass -
> >

> > There are plenty of conservatives who share that trait.
> >

> > thanks,
> >

> > K. Gringioni.
> >

> Name one.............

Dumbass -

Well, you, for one.

At least you used to exhibit that trait, a few years back.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

<snip>

> Humor, like quantum physics, changes when observed.
> Heisenberg (that Nazi) had some principle about this (which is
> odd, since the stereotype is that Germans aren't usually known for
> the subtler qualities of comedy).
>
> Anyway, someone with a physics degree and my name is almost
> certainly Jewish, and anyone with the name who isn't still
> gets the 50% off deal at Ess-A-Bagel (What, you didn't know
> about the 50% off deal??) Further, my middle name is Joshua -
> with a name like mine your mailbox is constantly clogging
> up with junk mail from rabbinical schools.
>
> Gotta run. Despite my joke about the nonseasonal demand
> for license plates, December is actually a very busy time
> around here at Zionist Occupation Government headquarters.
> We can barely keep up with the demand for trinkets for the
> Gentiles. We gotta move a lot of these trinkets - running an
> Occupation Government isn't cheap, you know. Especially
> now that Congressmen have developed a taste for Louis-Phillippe
> toilets. What happened to the good old days when you could
> buy a man's vote for a stripper and a box of cigars?

What variable is canonical with humor?

It must be disheartening to know that when King Carl calls you up onto
the stage to give the lecture, you'll hear in the audience your mother
whisper to the guy next to her: "He could have been a doctor you know."

Any chance you could do something about the black helicopters?

--
Bill Asher

[email protected] wrote:
> William Asher wrote:

> Humor, like quantum physics, changes when observed.
> Heisenberg (that Nazi) had some principle about this (which is
> odd, since the stereotype is that Germans aren't usually known for
> the subtler qualities of comedy).

Dumbass -

I didn't know Heisenberg was a Nazi.

For some reason I find that a bit startling.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Benjamin Joshua Weiner wrote:
> with a name like mine your mailbox is constantly clogging
> up with junk mail from rabbinical schools.

Just wait. With exogamy, that'll pass. A woman I know was late for a
conference, and there were only two name tags left at the reception table.
The receptionist looked at my friend and said, confidently, "You must be
Deborah Cohen." My friend said, "No, I'm [mumble mumble] Chang." The Asian
woman coming in the door right behind her said, "I'm Debbie Cohen."

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> I didn't know Heisenberg was a Nazi.
>
> For some reason I find that a bit startling.

To be fair, Heisenberg was never a member of the Nazi party,
nor did he engage in overt anti-Semitism. (prominent physicists
Stark and Lenard did, denouncing Einstein's theories as "Jewish
physics.") Prior to the war, Heisenberg was opposed to the
racial and ideological purges of the universities; he protested but
only privately. During the war, he headed work on the German
atomic bomb effort. They never got close to a bomb. Heisenberg's
advocates claim that he deliberately impeded the work, but I think
this is cheerleading due to inability to admit the man's moral vision
was inadequate.

A more likely view is that they didn't get that far because
(a) Heisenberg and co made an error which caused them to
drastically overestimate the amount of uranium needed to achieve
critical mass; (b) their project was pretty big, but it didn't devote
the huge level of money and resources to the bomb project that the
Americans did. This version gets some support from tapes which the
British secretly made of the captured German atomic scientists'
discussions after they heard the news of Hiroshima, called the
"Farm Hall transcripts."

So he wasn't strictly a Nazi, but trying to build an atomic bomb for
Germany is a bit more than your average centerline violation.
Yeah, it is startling. There have been some good books and a
couple of plays about it ("Copenhagen"), but it doesn't get into
the textbooks.

Further evidence that the 7 year Belgian occupation has indeed become a
complete takeover.

cp

Robert Chung wrote:
> Benjamin Joshua Weiner wrote:
>
>>with a name like mine your mailbox is constantly clogging
>>up with junk mail from rabbinical schools.

> Just wait. With exogamy, that'll pass. A woman I know was late for a
> conference, and there were only two name tags left at the reception table.
> The receptionist looked at my friend and said, confidently, "You must be
> Deborah Cohen." My friend said, "No, I'm [mumble mumble] Chang." The Asian
> woman coming in the door right behind her said, "I'm Debbie Cohen."

Oy.

Like BJW I frequently get junk mail from religious charities. I
wonder sometimes if my uncle the priest also does.

Bob Schwartz

Who doesn't make assumptions based on names. And who doesn't make
assumptions based on the professions of relatives either.

Robert Chung wrote:

> Benjamin Joshua Weiner wrote:
>
>>with a name like mine your mailbox is constantly clogging
>>up with junk mail from rabbinical schools.

> Just wait. With exogamy, that'll pass. A woman I know was late for a
> conference, and there were only two name tags left at the reception table.
> The receptionist looked at my friend and said, confidently, "You must be
> Deborah Cohen." My friend said, "No, I'm [mumble mumble] Chang." The Asian
> woman coming in the door right behind her said, "I'm Debbie Cohen."

yeah, it's too bad that i didn't give my obviously jewish son my last
name (halvorson)- i gave him his father's obviously jewish last name.
but my sister's daughter is half black, and her last name is halvorson
;) and she just had a half vietnamese baby, but now she's married, dang
it. it would have amused me if both of her children had a nordic last name.

it's funny when she and i are together, because we're both blond and
northern european looking, and my son and her daughter look nothing like
us (both of them are a lot taller than we are, and they're only 12/13
years old, besides having black hair, black eyes and dark skin. they
look more related to each other than they do to us :)

recessive heather

On 1 Dec 2005 00:26:25 -0800, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>So he wasn't strictly a Nazi, but trying to build an atomic bomb for
>Germany is a bit more than your average centerline violation.
>Yeah, it is startling. There have been some good books and a
>couple of plays about it ("Copenhagen"), but it doesn't get into
>the textbooks.

I'm thinking you're not taking center line violations serious enough.
Unfortunately, sentencing you to sit through two officials classes in
the spring has been determined to be cruel and unusual punishment,
emphasis on the 'unusual'.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

B. Lafferty wrote:

> 2. If you bother to read my posts, nowhere have I lauded the loss of the SF
> race.

Dumbass -

It's a given. You've been lamenting the "corruption" of the organizers
of the Tour of California and that race hasn't even embarked upon its
first edition.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

> B. Lafferty wrote:
>
>> 2. If you bother to read my posts, nowhere have I lauded the loss of the
>> SF
>> race.

> Dumbass -
>

> It's a given.

Nothing is a given.

>You've been lamenting the "corruption" of the organizers
> of the Tour of California and that race hasn't even embarked upon its
> first edition.

Wrong.

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
From: "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:40:56 GMT
Subject: The People Behind the Tour of California
original | Report Abuse

William Asher wrote:
> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in news:3v7hi1F14figeU1
> @individual.net:
>
> > William Asher wrote:
> >>
> >> Yeah, but you're Jewish.

> > Oh dear. I don't want to know how you know this. They just showed Louis
> > Malle's "Au revoir, les enfants" on TV here.
> >

> I don't. In my defense, it was funnier before I actually posted it.

dumbass,

it was pretty funny.

> B. Lafferty wrote:
>>
>> >You've been lamenting the "corruption" of the organizers
>> > of the Tour of California and that race hasn't even embarked upon its
>> > first edition.

>> Wrong.

> Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
> From: "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author
> Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:40:56 GMT
> Subject: The People Behind the Tour of California
> Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show
> original | Report Abuse
>
>> A good overview of AEG can be found by scrolling down the following Home
>> Depot site
>> http://www.homedepotcenter.com/about_us/home.sps?iType=3911&icustompageid=6716
>>
>> AEG is owned by the Anshutz Company based in Denver.
>> http://www.hoovers.com/anschutz/--ID__40035--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml
>>
>> Relationships between Anschutz entities and Thomas Weisel, see, e.g.:
>> http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=2901&site=lightreading
>> http://www.siliconindia.com/magazine/display_back_issue.asp?article_id=1140
>> http://static.highbeam.com/f/fibero...communicationsgets60millioninthirdroundfundi/
>>
>> On overlapping interests of Weisel, Ochowitz, Johnson, Bisceglia,
>> Armstrong,
>> Stapleton and Tailwind. Excellent article:
>> http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...,4312768.column?coll=cs-columnists-navigation
>>
>> Amgen probably came in as a sponsor via Thomas Weisel Partners which is
>> active in the biotechnology field. See:
>> http://www.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/12/123810/reports/Array_IRFact_081505.pdf

Yes, all quite factual. Show me where I said there was "corruption"
involved.

[email protected] says...

>Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

>> I didn't know Heisenberg was a Nazi.

>To be fair, Heisenberg was never a member of the Nazi party,

I remember reading that he seemed uncertain about his political affiliations.

h squared says...

>it's funny when she and i are together, because we're both blond and
>northern european looking, and my son and her daughter look nothing like
>us (both of them are a lot taller than we are, and they're only 12/13
>years old, besides having black hair, black eyes and dark skin. they
>look more related to each other than they do to us :)

Do you have large feet?

Mad Dog wrote:

> Do you have large feet?

hmm. many people have asked if i have large boobs, but you're the first
to ask about the feet...(just kidding, just kidding)

i have average women's 7.5 feet. my sister's are about a size smaller
(and she's an inch shorter, 5'5" vs 5'6"). what's a bit strange is that
we're shorter than both our parents (?) by 4 to 6 inches, while my
brother is TALL. (not that i mind. i'm looking forward to shrinking as
an old lady :)