Adieu, Dan

[email protected] wrote:
> Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:
>
>>[email protected] wrote:

>>>Anyway, someone with a physics degree and my name is almost
>>>certainly Jewish, and anyone with the name who isn't still
>>>gets the 50% off deal at Ess-A-Bagel (What, you didn't know
>>>about the 50% off deal??)

>> No, I didn't. I don't know your last name, and I didn't know you were
>>a New Yorker either (though I remember having an Ess-A-Bagel
>>conversation with Lafferty, who IIRC once lived in Stuyvesant Town).

> Google changed something and started leaving my name
> off posts, and I never fixed it, due to (1) laziness and (2) fear
> of university administrators with enough brain cells to search
> Google (groups) but not enough to have a sense of humor
> about rbr. And I'm not a real New Yorker, though my
> whole family is from there. The last time I was at Ess-A-Bagel
> was several years ago when I took a relative to an operation
> at Beth Israel.

I was born at Beth Israel. So was my daughter. They did not crack a
smile at the cashier's office when I asked if I got a discount for
repeat business.

Steve

Actually, there are some who claim that the
> Ess-A bagel is too large and fluffy, or at least not dense enough.
> I bought bagels in Princeton today, which seems like a near
> incommensurability, but the bagels are pretty OK.

"Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [email protected] wrote:
>> Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:

>>> No, I didn't. I don't know your last name, and I didn't know you were
>>>a New Yorker either (though I remember having an Ess-A-Bagel
>>>conversation with Lafferty, who IIRC once lived in Stuyvesant Town).

>> Google changed something and started leaving my name
>> off posts, and I never fixed it, due to (1) laziness and (2) fear
>> of university administrators with enough brain cells to search
>> Google (groups) but not enough to have a sense of humor
>> about rbr. And I'm not a real New Yorker, though my
>> whole family is from there. The last time I was at Ess-A-Bagel
>> was several years ago when I took a relative to an operation
>> at Beth Israel.

> I was born at Beth Israel. So was my daughter. They did not crack a
> smile at the cashier's office when I asked if I got a discount for repeat
> business.
>
> Steve

That's because you asked for a donut and not a bagel. Ess-A-Bagel was
always my favorite but it is not as "heavy" as other bagels as the other
poster mentioned. They are larger than most other bagels. And yes, I lived
for many years on First Avenue across form Beth Israel. Does the Mitzvah
Tank still stop there?

B. Lafferty wrote:

> "Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>[email protected] wrote:

>>>Google changed something and started leaving my name
>>>off posts, and I never fixed it, due to (1) laziness and (2) fear
>>>of university administrators with enough brain cells to search
>>>Google (groups) but not enough to have a sense of humor
>>>about rbr. And I'm not a real New Yorker, though my
>>>whole family is from there. The last time I was at Ess-A-Bagel
>>>was several years ago when I took a relative to an operation
>>>at Beth Israel.

>>I was born at Beth Israel. So was my daughter. They did not crack a
>>smile at the cashier's office when I asked if I got a discount for repeat
>>business.
>>
>>Steve

> That's because you asked for a donut and not a bagel. Ess-A-Bagel was
> always my favorite but it is not as "heavy" as other bagels as the other
> poster mentioned. They are larger than most other bagels. And yes, I lived
> for many years on First Avenue across form Beth Israel. Does the Mitzvah
> Tank still stop there?

I dunno. I'm not that far from the Lubovitcher World Headquarters on
Eastern Parkway, so we see them prowling the streets of Brooklyn.
I wouldn't order donuts at Ess-A-Bagel, but I can relate--my wife once
went to Peter Luger's and ordered fish.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS