Adieu Specialized?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Chris Zacho "Th, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Does Specialized Bicycle Components still make things like helmets, shoes, tires and Other
    Bicycling Products?

    I never see them in the stores or mail order catalogues anymore. Ahd their helmets were the only
    ones that really fit my long-and-skinny noggin.

    "May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills!"

    Chris'Z Corner http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

    Tags:

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    [email protected] (Chris Zacho "The Wheelman") wrote in news:25716-
    [email protected]:
    > Does Specialized Bicycle Components still make things like helmets, shoes, tires and Other
    > Bicycling Products?

    Yes. You can find them at any shop that sells Specialized bicycles.

    > I never see them in the stores or mail order catalogues anymore.

    Specialized no longer deals with mail order catalogs. They prefer to work directly with bike shops.

  3. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    > Does Specialized Bicycle Components still make things like helmets, shoes, tires and Other
    > Bicycling Products?

    Yes; you can buy them directly from their web site, and probably from a Specialized dealer.

    --
    Remove the ns_ from if replying by e-mail (but keep posts in the newsgroups if possible).

  4. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 03:35:01 +0000, Ken <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> I never see them in the stores or mail order catalogues anymore.
    >
    >Specialized no longer deals with mail order catalogs. They prefer to work directly with bike shops.

    This ought to please the owner of the LBS that gets my business; I once asked him why he
    doesn't deal in Specialized stuff, and he said that they were screwing local shops by selling
    mail order cheaper.
    --
    Rick Onanian