Adjusting Shimano Derailleur Indexer

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mark Gillespie, Mar 22, 2003.

  1. Was going to have a look at adjusting my Indexer on my pushbike this afternoon. It diffucult to get
    into the top and bottom gears, and is "out of sync" with the indexer.

    Anyone know any guides on how to adjust this? I'm too tight to take it to get serviced.... :)

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

  3. "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Mark Gillespie wrote:
    > > Was going to have a look at adjusting my Indexer on my pushbike this afternoon. It diffucult to
    > > get into the top and bottom gears, and is "out of sync" with the indexer.
    > >
    > > Anyone know any guides on how to adjust this?
    >
    > http://sheldonbrown.com/derailer-adjustment.html
    >
    > http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQrindx.shtml
    >
    > >I'm too tight to take it to get serviced.... :)
    >
    > Quite right! :) ...and you'll get it better adjusted if you DIY anyway.
    >
    > ~PB

    Cheers, these were just the trick. Everything is working perfectly again (my own fault, I was too
    lazy to take the bike for the 1 month "free" service last year when I bought it).....