Adjusting Shimano Derailleur Indexer

Mark Gillespie

Guest
Was going to have a look at adjusting my Indexer on my pushbike this afternoon. It diffucult to get
into the top and bottom gears, and is "out of sync" with the indexer.

Anyone know any guides on how to adjust this? I'm too tight to take it to get serviced.... :)

Thanks.

> Mark Gillespie wrote:
> > Was going to have a look at adjusting my Indexer on my pushbike this afternoon. It diffucult to
> > get into the top and bottom gears, and is "out of sync" with the indexer.
> >
> > Anyone know any guides on how to adjust this?
>
> http://sheldonbrown.com/derailer-adjustment.html
>
> http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQrindx.shtml
>
> >I'm too tight to take it to get serviced.... :)
>
> Quite right! :) ...and you'll get it better adjusted if you DIY anyway.
>
> ~PB

Cheers, these were just the trick. Everything is working perfectly again (my own fault, I was too
lazy to take the bike for the 1 month "free" service last year when I bought it).....