Adjusting Shimano Tiagra front

shannons dad said:
Nope. Sorry, but you're wrong and you just ****** away your own credibility. It's called 'derailleur wear' and affects the pivots. It depends on how often you shift between gears. I've just spent the last day or so arguing with some **** called boudreaux ....
.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Like boudreaux said about chuckkleheads dishing up lame advice. You're gonna be alot of fun around here. boudreaux likes fresh chuckkle head meat.

shannons dad said:
So don't answer these oh-so-weary questions and leave them to us newer members who aren't weary. DUH!

Bill.
That will be so cool when you develope a usable knowldge base. So far it's so shallow it wouldn't float a barge of hooey.

boudreaux said:
That will be so cool when you develope a usable knowldge base. So far it's so shallow it wouldn't float a barge of hooey.
I've only just noticed your latest f-up. I'm new-ish to the forum, not so new to biking. OK bollockreaux.

Bill.:p

boudreaux said:
Neither is the unicycling circus bear. That still only qualifies him/her to **** in the woods.
Very funny. But you're wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!!! A unicycling circus bear would in fact be qualified to ride a unicycle. And probably one or two other tricks. As a circus bear, he/she would also probably have been brought up in the circus and spent his/her life crapping in a cage, having never even been to the woods.
It took you a while to come back with more bollicks. I thought you'd fallen off the edge of the world. Ah well, one can only hope.

Bill.

shannons dad said:
A unicycling circus bear would in fact be qualified to ride a unicycle. And probably one or two other tricks. As a circus bear, he/she would also probably have been brought up in the circus and spent his/her life crapping in a cage, having never even been to the woods.
There ya go.Mindless blather and generalizing even about circus bears. :rolleyes:

Call them up and tell them it isn't working and ask them if they can fix it, since it never worked in the first place. I bought a new bike about 4 months ago and the front derailer is a pain in the butt. My bike shop, it took them 4 tries and they have never fixed it properly. It took another bike shop to finally fix it. Front derailers are a huge pain in the ass. I have a trek 1000 with sora triple front derailer. Also if it shift properly on the stand, that dosen't mean anything until you shift it under stress. I would try the bike out for about 10 min of riding around including uphill under load before you leave the bike shop for good.

Bwana_Mzee said:
Help & Advice!

I just got a Specialized Allez Sport Triple for my 49th B'day to replace my 25 yr old bike.

Its seems very complex in comparison! My twin bro got it in the US & brought it to the UK for me (Another storey vis a vis airlines!!).. I digress. I got a Specialized UK dealer to assemble it for 30 quid & collected last week. I handed the cash and was passed the bike! no "handing over the keys" ceremony, more like here's your bike mate, now p*** off because its an import!

I rode it home, a difficult 13 miles since it was not adjusted to my height. After saddle tweaks, up, down, front, back all is fine now.

The main issue!

The front triple would not properly change down from the largest to the middle, I had to drop it right down to the lower cog then up shift again to the middle.

Then 4 days after collection (only done 25 miles) in up shifting at the front cog the chain came over the top and off. I was annoyed! Scratched all the pedal crank badly too.:eek:

Do I take it back & sue the dealer? Or do I adjust it properly myself (If you want it doing right do it yourself mentality here).

I see the two baby screws, but only the lower one seems to do anything, the upper just seems to screw in and out. How do these work? The Shimano book I got only deals with the back.

Thanks for any help.

Dennis (Bwana Mzee)

boudreaux said:
There ya go.Mindless blather and generalizing even about circus bears. :rolleyes:
Keep digging your hole, I'm going to enjoy watching you fall into it, yogi!:p

Bill.