adjustment barrel to fit inside cable stop braze-on

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon, Jun 14, 2003.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Is there such a thing as an adjustment barrel which fits inside a cable stop braze on. I want to fit
    drop bars and Tiagra STI's on to a mountain bike frame which doesn't have the necessary downtube
    cable stop braze ons, just simple cable stops in their place.

    Thanks

    Simonb

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Simon wrote:
    > Is there such a thing as an adjustment barrel which fits inside a cable stop braze on.

    I don't know.

    > I want to fit drop bars and Tiagra STI's on to a mountain bike frame which doesn't have the
    > necessary downtube cable stop braze ons, just simple cable stops in their place.

    You might be able to work something out using parts from: http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm
    - gear spares

    You don't strictly need an extra adjuster for the rear cable - because the one on the derailleur's
    can suffice. An adjuster really helps with the front, though. An in-line adjuster could be used as a
    last resort.

    I'm using clip-on "braze-ons" taken from old down tube levers, but these wouldn't fit an oversized
    or funny shape down tube.

    ~PB

  3. John'S Cat

    John'S Cat Guest

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:32:49 +0100, "Simon" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote:

    >Is there such a thing as an adjustment barrel which fits inside a cable stop braze on. I want to
    >fit drop bars and Tiagra STI's on to a mountain bike frame which doesn't have the necessary
    >downtube cable stop braze ons, just simple cable stops in their place.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Simonb

    Wot you want (I think) is the Jagwire Mickey Adjusting Barrel model BSR233. Price about £5 for two
    when I asked.

    UK Distributors - Moore Large, 01332 274200.

    They also have an in-line adjuster in their catalogue.