Admiration for Mr Mason

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, Jun 11, 2003.

  1. Mr Mason, I tried cycling to and from a night shift. I nearly died. My helmet goes off to you.

    Love and exhaustion from Rich x

    --
    Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    the @ sign

    Tags:

  2. Davep

    Davep Guest

    Richard Bates wrote:

    > Mr Mason, I tried cycling to and from a night shift. I nearly died. My helmet goes off to you.
    >
    > Love and exhaustion from Rich x

    I second that. I did six years of shift work , I took the bike on the train when I did nights.
    Nightwork does some funny things to your body and I was never up for the cycle home in the mornings.
    On long days , 8-8 , I often put the bike on the train in the evening instead of cycling. The 4 week
    shift was awful but the money was good. I like to think I'm poor but happy now :)

    davep

  3. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Mr Mason, I tried cycling to and from a night shift. I nearly died. My helmet goes off to you.
    >
    > Love and exhaustion from Rich x

    I don't cycle on nights Rich, only on 0700-1500 and 1400-2200 Shifts. I've done it a few times in
    the past, but since we work a quick change system where we work nights and then have to be back at
    1500, doing 50 miles and also working 16 hours in 24 hours isn't on! Simon

  4. Your body is definitely not at its "best" after working all night and cycling home.

    After a 12 hour night-shift, I have noticed that my heart rate is low and stays low during the run
    home or in other words I can not go fast, it's like a kind of lethargy.

    However very little can compare to cycling, on a nice sunny morning heading for home and your bed
    while everybody else is going to work.

    --
    Wallace Shackleton,

    Kinross, Scotland.