ADT center progress?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Erik Saunders, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. does anyone know how far along they are on the new track in LA?... there are some websites that show
    photos but they stop in september... i have heard that work has stoppped for some reason and that
    the track may not open much befor junior worlds this summer...

    Tags:

  2. I'll ride by this weekend with camera in hand, and send the photos to Mike Gladu. I did drive past
    about two weeks ago, and there had been progress since my last pictures.

    erik saunders wrote:

    > does anyone know how far along they are on the new track in LA?... there are some websites that
    > show photos but they stop in september... i have heard that work has stoppped for some reason and
    > that the track may not open much befor junior worlds this summer...

  3. Mike Gladu

    Mike Gladu Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Colin Campbell <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'll ride by this weekend with camera in hand, and send the photos to
    Mike Gladu.
    > I did drive past about two weeks ago, and there had been progress since
    my last
    > pictures.

    I'll post them when I get them.

    Hadn't heard any rumors like Erik's. Only things I've been hearing lately are rumors concerning
    management and coaching at the facility.

    I haven't heard from Ralph Schuermann in a few weeks, but this has been a busy month with the Bike
    Show, Worlds in Hamilton, rebuilding the Siemens Arena in Copenhagen and the new projects in LA and
    Warsaw), so all I have to go on is photos and news from locals. My field trip to the site was
    informative, but in ways only a true track geek like me would appreciate.

    We might have more info after the ATRA board meeting in Canada this weekend.

    I'll see what I can find out.

    Mike G. -

    Mike Gladu - Cycling Photojournalist & webmaster of "the 'drome" Email: mikeatvelodromedotcom
    Online: http://www.velodrome.com/

  4. e-mail will be coming tonight.

    I did see that there is a new driveway coming from University Avenue - I might have been able to
    scratch my initials into it, if I wanted to. Two fellows were laying pipe, and when I asked them if
    they had heard a completion date, one said "Late March - April is what I was told."