ADT center progress?

Erik Saunders

Guest
does anyone know how far along they are on the new track in LA?... there are some websites that show
photos but they stop in september... i have heard that work has stoppped for some reason and that
the track may not open much befor junior worlds this summer...

I'll ride by this weekend with camera in hand, and send the photos to Mike Gladu. I did drive past
about two weeks ago, and there had been progress since my last pictures.

In article <[email protected]>, Colin Campbell <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'll ride by this weekend with camera in hand, and send the photos to
Mike Gladu.
> I did drive past about two weeks ago, and there had been progress since
my last
> pictures.

I'll post them when I get them.

Hadn't heard any rumors like Erik's. Only things I've been hearing lately are rumors concerning
management and coaching at the facility.

I haven't heard from Ralph Schuermann in a few weeks, but this has been a busy month with the Bike
Show, Worlds in Hamilton, rebuilding the Siemens Arena in Copenhagen and the new projects in LA and
Warsaw), so all I have to go on is photos and news from locals. My field trip to the site was
informative, but in ways only a true track geek like me would appreciate.

We might have more info after the ATRA board meeting in Canada this weekend.

I'll see what I can find out.

Mike G. -

Mike Gladu - Cycling Photojournalist & webmaster of "the 'drome" Email: mikeatvelodromedotcom
Online: http://www.velodrome.com/

e-mail will be coming tonight.

I did see that there is a new driveway coming from University Avenue - I might have been able to
scratch my initials into it, if I wanted to. Two fellows were laying pipe, and when I asked them if
they had heard a completion date, one said "Late March - April is what I was told."