adult tricycles and adult three wheelers

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Harry Cullinane, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. writing on behalf of my brother who is trying to locate a manufacturer of tricycles or three wheel
    bycyles in Europe or UK. He uses one at the moment to get around but it was made by ourselves and he
    would now like to get a factory produced model. Any comments would be appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:02:39 +0100, "Harry Cullinane" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >writing on behalf of my brother who is trying to locate a manufacturer of tricycles or three wheel
    >bycyles in Europe or UK. He uses one at the moment to get around but it was made by ourselves and
    >he would now like to get a factory produced model. Any comments would be appreciated.

    Bob Jackson (Leeds, I think), George Longstaff (dunno where). Both these make fine road going trikes
    with 700c wheels. Cost a fine pricee too. I believe Pashley also do one using smaller wheels.

    Roman Road cycles do a conversion kit to change a bike into a trike.

    Sorry, I don't have URLs to hand, but a Google search should help.

    Tim

    <http://www.windcheetah.co.uk/> <http://www.anthrotech.de/index_e.html>
    <http://www.hase-spezialraeder.de/content_d/kettwiesel.htm>
    <http://www.noell-fahrradbau.de/drei_index.htm> <http://www.tri-mobil.com/>
    <http://www.tripendo.com/EDEFAULT.htm>

    =46ound all the above on <http://www.hpv.org/yp/com/>

    Hth, Hans --=20 Hans Friedlaender <http://hans.friedlaender.org>
    >Hi Leute,wie handhabt ihr das mit dem warmfahren?
    Wenn die Rennleitung in Sichtweite ist, sollte man eher warm fahren.
    B.C. und R.B. in d.r.m, 11.3.2002

  4. Thus spake Tim Hall <[email protected]>

    Yup! www.bobjacksoncycles.co.uk

    Longstaff are in Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire. Their URL is : www.longstaffcycles.co.uk

    > Roman Road cycles do a conversion kit to change a bike into a trike.
    Roman Road do Ackermann (front double wheel) steering. www.fsnet.co.uk.romanroad

  5. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:02:39 +0100, "Harry Cullinane" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >writing on behalf of my brother who is trying to locate a manufacturer of tricycles or three
    > >wheel bycyles in Europe or UK. He uses one at the moment to get around but it was made by
    > >ourselves and he would now like to get a factory produced model. Any comments would be
    > >appreciated.
    > >

    > Bob Jackson (Leeds, I think), George Longstaff (dunno where).

    Also there's the dark side:

    http://ice.hpv.co.uk/ for trice

    windcheetah have a web site, I'm not 100% sure of it - www.windcheetah.co.uk ?

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|

  6. Carol Hague

    Carol Hague Guest

    Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Bob Jackson (Leeds, I think), George Longstaff (dunno where).
    >
    > Also there's the dark side:
    >
    > http://ice.hpv.co.uk/ for trice
    >
    > windcheetah have a web site, I'm not 100% sure of it - www.windcheetah.co.uk ?

    Yes.

    There's also Redmount in Norfolk :-

    www.redmount-hpv.co.uk

    --
    Carol Hague Westcountry Recumbents http://www.trikescdrom.com Feet first on three wheels.

  7. [email protected] schreef ...
    > Am Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:02:39 +0100 schrieb "Harry Cullinane" <[email protected]>:
    >
    > >writing on behalf of my brother who is trying to locate a manufacturer of tricycles or three
    > >wheel bycyles in Europe or UK. He uses one at the moment to get around but it was made by
    > >ourselves and he would now like to get a factory produced model. Any comments would be
    > >appreciated.
    > >
    > <http://www.windcheetah.co.uk/> <http://www.anthrotech.de/index_e.html>
    > <http://www.hase-spezialraeder.de/content_d/kettwiesel.htm>
    > <http://www.noell-fahrradbau.de/drei_index.htm> <http://www.tri-mobil.com/>
    > <http://www.tripendo.com/EDEFAULT.htm>

    Allow me to add http://www.vanraam.nl --> Producten --> Driewielfietsen (means: three wheel
    bicycle). Take a look at the Easy Rider, for example!

    --
    Regards, Marten

  8. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Try http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk

    "Robert Killington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Harry
    > Cullinane) wrote:
    >
    > > writing on behalf of my brother who is trying to locate a manufacturer of tricycles or three
    > > wheel bycyles in Europe or UK. He uses one at the moment to get around but it was made by
    > > ourselves and he would now like to get a factory produced model. Any comments would be
    > > appreciated.
    > >
    > You could have a look at www.bikefix.co.uk or www.futurecycles.co.uk
    >
    > Robert

  9. Cicero

    Cicero Guest

    "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Try http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk
    >

    > "Robert Killington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Harry
    > > Cullinane) wrote:
    > >
    > > > writing on behalf of my brother who is trying to locate a manufacturer of tricycles or three
    > > > wheel bycyles in Europe or UK. He uses one at the moment to get around but it was made by
    > > > ourselves and he would now like to get a factory produced model. Any comments would be
    > > > appreciated.
    > > >
    > > You could have a look at www.bikefix.co.uk or www.futurecycles.co.uk
    > >
    > > Robert

    I bought mine last December (2002) from St.John Street Cycles in Bridgewater, Somerset. Cost was
    £399.99p delivered. Look at: www.sjscycles.com or phone 01278 441500

    Cic.