Adults-only resort deals and recommendations?

smookclerk

Aug 1, 2010
My husband and I are planning our first trip to Cuba for next February. We're a couple in our 30s, looking for a quiet, ideally adults-only resort on Cayo Santa Maria. We're vacillating between the Melia and the Royal Hideaway - any advice? I noticed that the Las Dunas has an adults-only section too - is this a viable option for a quiet holiday, or is this resort pretty family-centered?
Also, does anyone have a sense of what a reasonable deal would be for these hotels given that Feb. is high season? (We're flying from Toronto.) We saw a package listed for the Royal Hideaway for $1500 pp (CDN) - which surprised us cause it was lower than what Air Transat is currently asking for the Melia. Is this a good price for high season? Better to wait a bit and book in the fall? Wish we could just hop on a plane right now - some great sales on at the moment.

High season in Feb? Since when?

... And anything with the reference to adult means "no kids" because the last thing that a couple who just had their last kid move out the house and finally took a relaxing vacation together in the tropics are kids running around screaming, crying when mommy won't give them more ice cream or screaming bloody murder when it's time to go and they fall on the floor in a heap screaming in protest...