advantages and disadvantages of mountain clipless pedals versus the road/racing pedal

Yuri Budilov

Guest
Hello all

I have a 2004 Trek 1000 road bike with Shimano PD-M540 MTB-
style clipless pedals and Shimano SH-MO38 MTB-style shoes
(the ones you can use for walking).

I have noticed that most "serious" road/racing bicycle
riders use the racing-style clipless pedals and racing-style
shoes (the ones you can *not* walk properly)

Can anyone illuminate me on the advantages and disadvantages
of those racing-style bicycle shoes and clipless pedals as
compared to my MTB-style set-up, when both set-ups are used
on a road/racing bicycle, please?

thank you in advance

--
Yuri

Never mind. I found some past discussions on this topic.

thanks!

"Yuri Budilov" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Hello all
>
> I have a 2004 Trek 1000 road bike with Shimano PD-M540 MTB-
> style clipless pedals and Shimano SH-MO38 MTB-style shoes
> (the ones you can use for walking).
>
> I have noticed that most "serious" road/racing bicycle
> riders use the racing-style clipless pedals and racing-
> style shoes (the ones you can
*not*
> walk properly)
>
> Can anyone illuminate me on the advantages and
> disadvantages of those racing-style bicycle shoes and
> clipless pedals as compared to my MTB-style set-up, when
> both set-ups are used on a road/racing bicycle, please?
>
> thank you in advance
>
> --
> Yuri

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:05:12 GMT, "Yuri Budilov"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Never mind. I found some past discussions on this
>topic. thanks!

Thank you! ;)
--
Rick Onanian