Adventure Racing

G

Anyone in Gauteng area South Africa looking to enter an Adventure Race in the near future. I am very interested in forming part of a team. I will need some training, I am very bike fit, fairly run and swim fit and have absolutely no idea about kayaking or horse riding.
Solid rock climbing experience, hiking experience, emergency medical qualification, basic rescue Qualification (Firefighter), I also have some navigation experience courtesy of the SADF. I am very used to the effects of sleep deprivation.

I am interested in doing this for the fun of it (initially anyway), please let me know if you're interested. I've never done one of these so if there's anyone out there who can show me the way....please do ;)

Check out: www.ar.co.za or www.adventureracing.co.za if you don't know what I'm on about :)

Acid, I entered an AR about a year ago but I twisted my ankle on the day we were to leave so had to pull out.

Yes, I'm interested and have a few friends who compete socially.

The Old Mutual World of Endurance site has a lot of info too. Haven't got the link at the mo' but will post it tomorrow.

Hey Sean,
I've found a guy in Jhb who's putting together an Adventure Racing Squad. Because of the general problems associated with getting a team of 3 guys/1 girl together for a race, he is forming a squad to try solve the problem. This will include some group training to sort out interpersonal relations etc

If you want I can give you his personal email address and he can add you to the list, let me know and I'll send you a personal message :)

Acid, it's not really a good time for me to get involved for a number of reasons. But I'll keep it in mind for the future and get back to you.

Thanks ;)