Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Advice. Camelbak. h.a.w.g

Started by Punky Brewster · · Last activity · 5 posts · 921 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
21 July 2003
Last activity
21 July 2003
Original author
Punky Brewster
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
921
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey does anyone have a Camelbak Hawg ? im just wondering what they are like in terms of peformance
    size/bulkyness/weight/comfort ? They look large on internet pictures but my my friend says they are
    similiar to m.u.l.e length but thicker width etc.

    Any opinions or if you have Held seen one in real life some input would be fantastic thankyou.

  2. I have the hawg, bought for a specific reason. Loads of room to hold a lot of stuff, including
    recording equipment for a helmet camera, first aid supplies and the usual extras.

    Suffice it to say that it is bulky especially when filled (even half full with water), but I
    have not found it to be overly restrictive on quick descents or general trail riding. Sizewise
    it is a big bag, so unless doing long hauls or carrying a lot of stuff I'd probably suggest
    going a 'bak' smaller.

    Weightwise (empty) and for comfort the bag is fine, and I am just a short 130lb'er. I'd say try it
    on in the LBS and see for yourself. I haven't regretted buying the hawg yet.

    cheers Mark

  3. "punky brewster" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hey does anyone have a Camelbak Hawg ? im just wondering what they are


    like

    Quoted message said:

    in terms of peformance size/bulkyness/weight/comfort ? They look large on internet pictures but my
    my friend says they are similiar to m.u.l.e


    length

    Quoted message said:

    but thicker width etc.

    Any opinions or if you have Held seen one in real life some input would be fantastic thankyou.


    I just bought one. I like it because it is a 3 litre capacity. It has a bunch of cargo capacity. The
    compression straps help when the compartments are not is use. I am able to haul everything I need
    for some decently long rides.

    TJ

  4. Quoted message said:

    Any opinions or if you have Held seen one in real life some input would be fantastic thankyou.

    It's a great pack. All Camelbaks are of the finest quality, and they just keep upgrading them every
    year with new features. You just need to determine the size you need. The HAWG is too large for me.
    I only carry minimal gear with me during a ride. I prefer not to be weighted down so much, so I went
    two sizes smaller than the HAWG -- the MULE. The MULE is the smallest Camelbak to have a 100 oz.
    resevoir (which is important in Arizona because I drink a lot of water when it's hot).

    OTOH, if you will use your Camelbak for other uses, such as day-long hikes, you may prefer to have
    the extra room provided by a HAWG. Think about it.

    -John Morgan

  5. Thanks to everyone who Replied. your review has helped me decide on buying one.

    Now I await delivery.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.