Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Advice: Cube Aim or Trek 4300 & what size?

Started by zasegu · · Last activity · 5 posts · 4,152 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
17 March 2010
Last activity
17 March 2010
Original author
zasegu
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,152
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi there, Im new in this sport, Im buying myself a bike for offroad, but I wont do anything extream with it, I will ride 15 or 20km rides on dusty roads, through wood trails, but nothing too extreme.

    Im like these two bikes:
    Cube Aim: © CUBE-BIKES © AIM
    Trek 4300: Trek Bikes | Bikes | Mountain Hardtail | 4300

    Now i like Cube Aim better, It looks better, dont know about parts, I guess Trek has better parts but I was at a shop and when comparing these two Cube Aim looked much better build, like it has better quality then Trek.

    Now can someone tell me are Cube bikes good? And is Cube Aim good bike for me? Like I said, i will ride it offroad but nothing extream like jumps etc... joust riding through wood paths and that stuff.

    Now another question, I know i will bother you all now, but please take some time and help me Im in confused.

    What size to take?
    My height is 178cm or 5' 10.1"
    My inseam is 79cm or 31.1"
    My arms, when i spread them, they are 169cm wide, (appe index??) how do you call that? So thats 169cm or 66.5"

    So what would be good size of frame for me?
    I tried Cube aim 18" and it was ok, but they didnt have 20" in shop so I couldnt test 20" one. What do you think would 20" be too big for me?
    Trek 4300 18" was like small under me.
    The problem is I dont know what to choose, I never ride any bikes and I dont know how should I feel on bike if it fits me.

    And for my way of driving, should i get bigger or smaller frame? I will not turn left or right all the time, i would joust drive through woods.

    So can you tell me what frame size would fit me, and is it better to take bigger or smaller frame for my style of driving?

    And can you tell your height and inseam and what frame size are you driving?

    Guys sorry for big post, but Im so in to this now I dont want to make any mistakes and chose wrong frame or bike.

  2. I have had a Trek 4300 and it is a decent bike.I have 4900 in a 19.5 frame so the 19.5 in the 4300 would probably work for you.
    I always advise to test ride and be fitted at the shop.

  3. Thanks jhuskey 🙂

    I didnt catch you height and inseam? Please if you can?

    I did try Trek 4300 18" and 19,5" and what can I tell you, they are good, both of them, 19,5" didnt feel to big for me, but my problem is I never ride a bike so I really dont know how should I feel if frame size is good for me.

    Can you all please youst leave your height and inseam and frame size you are driving?

    And what about Cube vs 4300? What do you think?

    Its joust I dont want to buy too big or too small bike, so I would like to see other peoples height and frame size 🙂

  4. zasegu said:

    Thanks jhuskey 🙂

    I didnt catch you height and inseam? Please if you can?

    I did try Trek 4300 18" and 19,5" and what can I tell you, they are good, both of them, 19,5" didnt feel to big for me, but my problem is I never ride a bike so I really dont know how should I feel if frame size is good for me.

    Can you all please youst leave your height and inseam and frame size you are driving?

    And what about Cube vs 4300? What do you think?

    Its joust I dont want to buy too big or too small bike, so I would like to see other peoples height and frame size 🙂

    I am 5'9" and could ride an 18 but the 19.5 is ok and you can adjust the stem and seat height, of course, and comfort is what you are try to achieve. As far as comparing I am not sure since the Trek is the only one I have owned. I am more of roadie so I hope you may get some more input on the comparisons.

  5. Great, so 19,5" would be good for me too, thanks.

    And what do you guys think, when you look at 18" and 20" bike, does 18" bike looks smaller? Does it look small, like a small bike 😄
    Its joust I dont want to have small bike 😄 but I dont want to break my back on big bike too 😄

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.