Advice for starting tri club?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Harold Buck, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Harold Buck

    Harold Buck Guest

    Does anyone have any good advice for starting a tri club?

    Also, it's my impression that most clubs become USAT clubs,
    presumabl;y because of insurance. However, USAT doesn't seem
    to be very popular with its members on this group, and I
    feel like avoiding USAT might have merit. What, if any, are
    the benefits of USAT club membership, and can these benefits
    be picked up for a club through other channels?

    Thanks!

    --Harold Buck

    "I used to rock and roll all night, and party every day. Th-
    en it was every other day. . . ."
    - Homer J. Simpson

    Tags:

  2. Trihard

    Trihard Guest

    I've been involved with our tri club since it's inception,
    and plan to stick around to try to perform CPR on it as
    necessary until its demise.

    You basically need a very dedicated group of people to keep
    it going. We only recently bought insurance for the
    club/board members through USAT. You don't need to affiliate
    with them unless you care to.

    good luck.

    "Harold Buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:no_one_knows-
    [email protected]
    > Does anyone have any good advice for starting a tri club?
    >
    > Also, it's my impression that most clubs become USAT
    > clubs, presumabl;y because of insurance. However, USAT
    > doesn't seem to be very popular with its members on this
    > group, and I feel like avoiding USAT might have merit.
    > What, if any, are the benefits of USAT club membership,
    > and can these benefits be picked up for a club through
    > other channels?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --Harold Buck
    >

    > "I used to rock and roll all night, and party every day.
    > Then it was every other day. . . ."
    > - Homer J. Simpson

  3. Chronofish

    Chronofish Guest

    "Harold Buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any good advice for starting a tri club?
    >
    > Also, it's my impression that most clubs become USAT
    > clubs, presumabl;y because of insurance. However, USAT
    > doesn't seem to be very popular with its members on this
    > group, and I feel like avoiding USAT might have merit.
    > What, if any, are the benefits of USAT club membership,
    > and can these benefits be picked up for a club through
    > other channels?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --Harold Buck
    >

    > "I used to rock and roll all night, and party every day.
    > Then it was every other day. . . ."
    > - Homer J. Simpson

    I've been thinking about doing the same here in Rhode
    Island. Whether you affiliate with USTA or not you might
    want to look at this link:

    http://www.usatriathlon.com/Clubs_Regions/Club_how_to.pdf

    It's a great starting point.

    -CF