Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Advice for tall rider

Started by jspencer · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,199 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
11 July 2006
Last activity
11 July 2006
Original author
jspencer
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,199
Views / 30 days
10

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm 6'4 with quite a naturally powerful frame. Theoretically, what are the advantages and disadvantages of this in a road race? What areas, again theoretically, am I likely to excell in? Any help greatly appreciated as I'm only 21 and joining my first cycling club. 😕

    Thanks.

  2. jspencer said:

    I'm 6'4 with quite a naturally powerful frame. Theoretically, what are the advantages and disadvantages of this in a road race? What areas, again theoretically, am I likely to excell in? Any help greatly appreciated as I'm only 21 and joining my first cycling club. 😕

    Thanks.

    I'm 6'5" and am relatively new to cycling as well. Tall people like us are generally not as good at climbing (because of the extra weight) and sprinting (though there are exceptions, like Boonen). Having big legs can be good for prolonged power over flats and the extra weight of being tall converts into fast descents.

  3. George Hincapie - 6'3" 183 pounds
    Magnus Backstedt - 6'4" 198 pounds
    Jens Voit - 6'3" 170 pounds
    Gert Steegmans - 6'3" 181 pounds
    Axel Merckx - 6'3" 161 pounds
    Vladimir Karpets - 6'3" 174 pounds
    Tom Boonen - 6'4" 176 pounds
    Coyot Arnaud - 6'5" 168 pounds
    Bradley Wiggins - 6'3" 163 pounds
    David Millar - 6'3" 170 pounds
    Christian Knees - 6'4" 179 pounds

  4. RickF said:

    George Hincapie - 6'3" 183 pounds
    Magnus Backstedt - 6'4" 198 pounds
    Jens Voit - 6'3" 170 pounds
    Gert Steegmans - 6'3" 181 pounds
    Axel Merckx - 6'3" 161 pounds
    Vladimir Karpets - 6'3" 174 pounds
    Tom Boonen - 6'4" 176 pounds
    Coyot Arnaud - 6'5" 168 pounds
    Bradley Wiggins - 6'3" 163 pounds
    David Millar - 6'3" 170 pounds
    Christian Knees - 6'4" 179 pounds


    You just made my day 😄

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.