Advice needed for Shimano to Campy conversion

Hemlock Harrier

Aug 24, 2010
Hi all,
I've recently decided to upgrade my 9-speed Shimano Ultegra to an 11-speed Campy Athena Groupset....the question I have is regarding my 2008 Kysrium Elite wheelset.

Can anyone tell me if a Mavic freehub body (ED-11) will work in this circumstance? I seem to be getting some conflicting answers as to if this will work or not.
Thanks in advance

no, it's either shimano either campagnolo when you first buy it. you cannot convert it afterwards. as far as i know .

Hemlock Harrier said:
Hi all,
I've recently decided to upgrade my 9-speed Shimano Ultegra to an 11-speed Campy Athena Groupset....the question I have is regarding my 2008 Kysrium Elite wheelset.

Can anyone tell me if a Mavic freehub body (ED-11) will work in this circumstance? I seem to be getting some conflicting answers as to if this will work or not.
Thanks in advance

Yes, the ED11 will work.

Hemlock Harrier said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can swap the freehub body for a Campagnolo compatible one..about $60.