Advice needed - New to cycling

ChrisBirmingham

Sep 9, 2013
Just bought a Trek XO2 and would love some advice on how to ride it efficiently both from an engineering and physical view. Ain't rode a bike for 35 years and these wheels look damn thin!

i can't seem to find that particular Trek but i assume it is a road bike or city bike with thin road tyres, all the engineering you need is a proper fit, starting from a correct frame size, then you would tweak the seat post height, the saddle fore-aft, the stem length, height and angle, from a fitness and well being side, it really depends what you are using your bike for, but a good rule of thumb is to ride it more days than you don't during a given week, you can buy wider tyres by the way, up to a certain extent that your frame can allow it,

Quote: Originally Posted by vspa .

i can't seem to find that particular Trek but i assume it is a road bike or city bike with thin road tyres,
all the engineering you need is a proper fit, starting from a correct frame size, then you would tweak the seat post height, the saddle fore-aft, the stem length, height and angle,

from a fitness and well being side, it really depends what you are using your bike for, but a good rule of thumb is to ride it more days than you don't during a given week,
you can buy wider tyres by the way, up to a certain extent that your frame can allow it,

I think I found it:
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/cyclo-cross/product/review-trek-x0-2-08-28378

Its a cyclocross bike...

The tires seem thick-fat enough for "Stalingrad" to me
big-smile.png

Sweet bike...
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Cyclocross bikes are built tough so engineering wise I think its only about good maintenance and proper fitting. The cantilever brakes are built in a way to continue functioning with mud built up. There are some cyclocross bikes with disk brakes now too...

As far as for the physical bit... Maybe you could also check with a coach from a club or a coach from a fitness centre for an excercise plan.