Advice needed to replace a Specialized wheelset

VV

Guest
I have a Specialized Hard Rock.
Tires say 26''x 1.95.
The rear one has developed a dent and I would like to raplace it.
Question is what is the dimensions of the compatible wheelset: 26
x ??
I have been looking online and all they have is 26 '' MTB Wheelsets.
None of them specify the second dimension. Are all 26'' compatible?

Bike pic can be found at:

http://www.bicyclechain.com/v2/used/148034586.jpg

Here are some additional specs:
-7 casette
-Quick Release

VV wrote:
> I have a Specialized Hard Rock.
> Tires say 26''x 1.95.
> The rear one has developed a dent and I would like to raplace it.
> Question is what is the dimensions of the compatible wheelset: 26
> x ??
> I have been looking online and all they have is 26 '' MTB Wheelsets.
> None of them specify the second dimension. Are all 26'' compatible?
>
> Bike pic can be found at:
>
> http://www.bicyclechain.com/v2/used/148034586.jpg
>

> Here are some additional specs:
> -7 casette
> -Quick Release

26 inch is the critical dimension. Pretty much any width rim they are likely
to sell you is likely to fit. Still, it's strange that they don't tell you
whether it's a 20 mm rim or a 17 mm rim, or some other size, because people
seeking a second wheel set usually want the second one to have the same rim
width (so that they can swap wheels without re-adjusting brakes).

You seem to be right, though. I checked Nashbar and they don't specifically
say what the rim width is.

This is a stock bike shop item, and wheels aren't particularly compact to
ship. You might find it just as economical, and faster, at a local bike
shop. Plus, they have the right tools handy to get the rear gear cluster on
and off. I'm assuming that your dent is bad enough to require a new wheel
(as opposed to making the wheel true), but they can tell you that as well.

--
Mike Kruger
An opinion should be the result of a thought, not a substitute for it.