Advice Needed: WizWheelz Edge vs. Greenspeed GT5

I'm considering purchasing either a WizWheelz Edge or a Greenspeed GT5,
and am trying to sort through whether I should care about some of the
differences in the specs. For example, the Edge has a higher ground
clearance and 20" wheels; the GT5 has a lower ground clearance and 16"
wheels. Does wheel size or ground clearance really matter? What about
the Edge's direct steering? Has anyone riden one? Is it really
twitchy? What's the turning radius like? I've ridden a GT5, but don't
have ready access to the WizWheelz.

[email protected] wrote:
> I'm considering purchasing either a WizWheelz Edge or a Greenspeed GT5,
> and am trying to sort through whether I should care about some of the
> differences in the specs. For example, the Edge has a higher ground
> clearance and 20" wheels; the GT5 has a lower ground clearance and 16"
> wheels. Does wheel size or ground clearance really matter? What about
> the Edge's direct steering? Has anyone riden one? Is it really
> twitchy? What's the turning radius like? I've ridden a GT5, but don't
> have ready access to the WizWheelz.

I have ridden the WizWheelz Edge - in fact, I've ridden one for about
600 miles, in the process of reviewing it for BentRider Online. And
while I have not ridden the Greenspeed GT5, I did own a GT3 and
currently own an X5.
As to which of the spec differences you should care about: it all
depends. I don't recall the exact ground clearnace of either of the two
trikes, but I suspect they're not very different - certainly not enough
to worry about. And as for 20" vs. 16" wheels, I have not yet been
convinced that the larger tire will provide a *noticeably* smoother
ride. It will tend to keep spinning longer, but will not accelerate as
fast. I've had bikes and trikes with both sizes of wheels, and I'm
happy with either. The 16" Scorcher tires on my X5 are among the fastest
and smoothest-riding tires I've ever owned.
When it comes to steering, I do find the Greenspeed to be less
twitchy at higher speeds, and has a much smaller turning circle than the
Edge. If you live where it's mostly flat and there are very few tight
turns, this may not matter.
One thing to consider, that you haven't mentioned, is that the Edge
has an adjustable seat, while the Greenspeeds don't. You may like the
recline angle of the Greenspeed - or you may not. The Edge can be
adjusted to quite different recline angles. This may matter to you.
Personally, I'm happy with the recline angle of the Greenspeed.
It's too bad you weren't at the recent BentRider Online rally - the
Edge was there for test rides, as was a TTR, along with a couple of
Greenspeeds.

Hmmm...which wheel size (16" vs 20") provides a wider choice of tires?
This might be a factor for some...

Also sprach Pamela D <[email protected]>:
> Hmmm...which wheel size (16" vs 20") provides a wider choice of tires?
> This might be a factor for some...

Undoubtedly 20 - as long as the "20" in question is ISO 406.

This Unit is a productive Unit.