Advice needed

Marcel Beaudoin

Guest
Just did my taxes, and it looks like I will be getting a good chunk of change back. (Thank god for
left over tuition). Anyways, for the last several years I have been getting around on rollerblades.
However, work is now a bit too far for rollerblading, so I am in the market for a decent bike. Does
anybody have any suggestions on what brands to avoid??

I am looking for something that is reasonably priced (around $400(Cdn) is the highest I would pay).
It has to be good on both pavement (repaired and pot-holed) as well as off-road, although road is a
priority if I have to choose between the two.

As for bike style, I would prefer a mountain bike style, as opposed to a racing style.

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli Remove urka-gurka to reply
'In a lifetime, the average cat sheds
14.95 lbs. of fur.'

You might be a good candidate for a hybrid bike. They are sturdier than a road bike but their
larger-sized wheels make them faster (on pavement) than a mountain bike. They will negotiate
pavement and potholes and occasional dirt roads. They are also called cross bikes. Check them out.