Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marcel Beaudoin

Just did my taxes, and it looks like I will be getting a good chunk of change back. (Thank god for
left over tuition). Anyways, for the last several years I have been getting around on rollerblades.
However, work is now a bit too far for rollerblading, so I am in the market for a decent bike. Does
anybody have any suggestions on what brands to avoid??

I am looking for something that is reasonably priced (around $400(Cdn) is the highest I would pay).
It has to be good on both pavement (repaired and pot-holed) as well as off-road, although road is a
priority if I have to choose between the two.

As for bike style, I would prefer a mountain bike style, as opposed to a racing style.

--
Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli Remove urka-gurka to reply
'In a lifetime, the average cat sheds
14.95 lbs. of fur.'

You might be a good candidate for a hybrid bike. They are sturdier than a road bike but their
larger-sized wheels make them faster (on pavement) than a mountain bike. They will negotiate
pavement and potholes and occasional dirt roads. They are also called cross bikes. Check them out.

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

> Just did my taxes, and it looks like I will be getting a good chunk of change back. (Thank god for
> left over tuition). Anyways, for the last several years I have been getting around on
> rollerblades. However, work is now a bit too far for rollerblading, so I am in the market for a
> decent bike. Does anybody have any suggestions on what brands to avoid??
>
> I am looking for something that is reasonably priced (around $400(Cdn) is the highest I would
> pay). It has to be good on both pavement (repaired and pot-holed) as well as off-road, although
> road is a priority if I have to choose between the two.
>
> As for bike style, I would prefer a mountain bike style, as opposed to a racing style.
>
> --
> *******************************************
> Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli Remove urka-gurka to reply
> 'In a lifetime, the average cat sheds
> 14.95 lbs. of fur.'

Status
Not open for further replies.