Advice on a new road helmet - Catlike or Giro....

Monroe71

Sep 11, 2012
Hi - I'm looking to get a new helmet. I want something light and effective - I'm currently looking the Catlike Whisper Plus or the Giro Aeon. Both are light and high end - does anyone have any experience with either of these or other advice regarding helmets?

Thanks for your help

Cheers

M

Monroe71 said:
Hi - I'm looking to get a new helmet. I want something light and effective - I'm currently looking the Catlike Whisper Plus or the Giro Aeon. Both are light and high end - does anyone have any experience with either of these or other advice regarding helmets? Thanks for your help Cheers M
Nope. It's unlikely any of us have your head shape either. Try 'em on. Buy the one that fits best. There are reviews online that discuss their functionality. Let Google help you out.

I know nothing about the Giro, but I have a Catlike now and wouldn't recommend it. The pads are very low quality. They tend to start falling apart after only a month or two, and it's a little hard to find replacements. I recently found some online and ordered 3 sets to keep as spares.