Advice on a seatpost?? Just bought a romin pro..

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by teamhonda15, Jun 17, 2011.

1. teamhonda15

teamhonda15 New Member

Hey guys, I just bought a Specialized romin pro with carbon rails. I have a 2010 trek 2.1 with a Bontrager seatpost and a guy from my LBS who I ride with also has a romin pro and says I would need a new seat post clamp to accept the carbon rails. I'm not sure which Bontrager seatpost my bike has; probably the cheapest one. Do you guys have any advice on which seatpost I could get. I want it to be light but don't want to spend $300 on a seatpost. Thanks. Is a Thomson masterpiece good?

Tags:

2. ProdigalCyclist

ProdigalCyclist New Member

3. teamhonda15

teamhonda15 New Member

Do you think it would be fine to use a full carbon seatpost with an aluminum frame? I'm pretty sure my seatpost is only carbon coated with aluminum on the inside but i'm not sure.

4. ProdigalCyclist

ProdigalCyclist New Member

A carbon seatpost would be fine in an alum fram just like and alum seat post would be fine in a carbon frame. The only thing that would matter is getting the proper size diameter and Ritchey will have the right size seat post to fit a Trek frame.

5. teamhonda15

teamhonda15 New Member

I ended up getting a Fizik Cyrano carbon seatpost and a Campagnolo Asymmetrical seatpost collar. Can't wait until they come in to try em out.