Advice on buying a road bike

Bmwdestroyer

Aug 3, 2013
Hi guys, I would like some help choosing a road bike. I have had a look around for bikes and found the Triban 5 http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-5-a-id_8239801.html which looks pretty good but I don't really know what I should be looking for in a road bike. I would like to spend a maximum of about £500 probably less. About me, I'm 18, 6'4 about 240 lb. I'm looking to mainly ride on the roads around where I live not going too far.

Any advice is much appreciated :)

46 4- and 5-star reviews on the web site and you're asking us for advice?

OK, here's mine. When yours arrives, have it assembled and set by the service department at your local shop.

With a budget in mind, you want to do some research. Sure, you can just walk into your nearest bike shop, slap down some cash on the counter and leave with a road bike... and there's nothing wrong with that. But a bicycle is an investment and like most expensive investments, it's worth spending some time researching the options.

Like Yvolution stated you are going to want to do some research. My advice is even if you plan on buying one online go to your lbs and try as many different bike brands as possible to get a feel for what you like and don't like about certain fits and geometry and you can find what size best fits you. From there once you get an idea of what you like then I you can order online with the confidence of your new found knowledge from research and visits to the lbs.

My suggestion would be to go for "Giordano Libero 1.6 White/Red Men's Road Bike-700c". My brother has it and he is really enjoying it.