Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Advice on buying used rollers/trainer

Started by iceberg · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,027 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
5 October 2003
Last activity
5 October 2003
Original author
iceberg
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,027
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or points to keep in mind when buying used rollers and/or trainer?

    I found what looks like a pretty good deal on a used set of both from the parents of a rider who moved out (yikes! i better make sure my mother didn't trash my old comic book collection). But I really don't know how to judge a sturdy set of rollers or trainer since this would make my first purchase of each.

    Any advice? Oh, I should probably put this out there now: I'm dead-set on buying used on these pieces of equipment. So please don't suggest buying new unless you have strong experience to suggest that that's the way to go. Afterall, the harsh reality that even the most dedicated person has to admit is that, despite good intentions at the time of purchase, EVERY home exercise tool is likely to be a dust collecting space hog over time. I really want to make sure that i'm gonna use these things before i commit to buying another expensive piece of road gear. Besides, right about now i could barely afford one of these things new if i wanted to.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.