Advice on Entry level Mountain Bike

ferrarigp

Aug 24, 2006
Good morning everybody,

I read alot on this forum, but did not find any specific thing about the bike i am thinking of buying.

first let me say that i'm looking at an under 200$ entry level mountain bike. the reason for this is that my budget is really cut short. The use i will have will be the most basic use meaning flat surfaces, long bike roadways and maybe just a few sidewalks.

I first had a look at walmarts, but decided not to go with it when i catched that it was bad quality from review

i am now looking at this bike from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0.../002-2496208-7990449?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods
Kawasaki KDX1 26-Inch Dual Suspension Mountain Bike

what I wanted is just to know if anyone had REALLLY bad experience or good experience with kawasaki bikes. once again, i'm not looking for a specialized bike or anything, just the basic thing. basically if the gear works, the tires works, and the frame holds up.

Thank you all :)

I'd suggest that you take a look at the "cruiser" type bikes
on the same link. I'm guessing that you are looking for a utilitarian.

With a cruiser, you will find that they are often fitted with fenders
and to have a rack and or basket would not be out of place.;)

Can't tell much from the pic on site but we have a simmilar looking bike at the chain stores that sells under the Rally lable for about R8OO.00 that's around $65 US realy basic botom end of the line clunker,
For $200us here you can get a reasnable 24 spd MTB,WITH BASIC SHIMANO COMPONENTS ,ALI FRAME AND RST shocks.A TREK Mtb cost about $250.It has the advantage of carring brand name parts,so its easier to have a benchmark on how good or bad the components are.
Go check out the bikes at the local BS and then check out the second hand options,My first two bikes i got at very good deals one the owner was immegrating and the other ,the owner was upgrading.

well this one has Shimano components, which work pretty good i guess ( i have them on my 18 years old mountain bike and they work good still)

I guess what i'm looking for is an answer of whether this bike will not break the first time i take it out.

ferrarigp said:
I guess what i'm looking for is an answer of whether this bike will not break the first time i take it out.
For your intended riding on flat road surfaces, probably not. On anything else, probably yes.

ferrarigp said:
That bike is a tank.
I think that you would break before it did on if ridden on rough trails...:eek:

Unbelievably said:
That bike is a tank.
I think that you would break before it did on if ridden on rough trails...:eek:
Heh Unbelievably, then its what i'm looking for. ( i appreciate your humor by t he way :) )

i just want to build some cardio / leg muscles, so it should be fine for the use.

Thanks all, appreciate it ;)