Advice on new mountain bike / bike magazines?

Brian_M

Sep 16, 2004
I am looking to buy a new mountain bike, mainly to ride in our local park with my kids - I have been using my 30 year old road bike that I used to ride to school on, but as they get older and now have mountain bikes and enjoy the wooded bits, rougher tracks etc, it can't cope with that, so I think I need a mountain bike to stay with them.

You can tell from that I won't be a high powered heavy user but do want something strong enough to cope with a few hills and bumpy turns.

I juts bought my daughter a Diamondback M10 Hardtail (ladies verson) and was wondering about the men's version of the same bike (almost identical). This costs £200 in the shops here (UK).

If anyone has any comments on whether this is a good idea or whether there are better bikes in a similar price range, I'd be very grateful for your comments.

Also does anyone know if there is an equivalent magazine / web site similar to "What Car?" ... but for bikes ? I found many cycling mags in our local shops but nothing that did comparisons between bikes in this price range.

Thanks in advance for any help
Brian_M

Thanks very much for that
I eventually got a Giant Rincon with which I'm delighted
I also found a copy of What Mountain Bike magazine which was interesting but aimed more at high powered users whose bikes cost several times what I had to spend.
Thanks again
B